• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    These were on sale about a month ago and I couldn't resist. You talk about a compact carry this would be it and for the price, made in the USA, I had to pick one up to try it out. The fit and finish looks good for the money, but its a no frills 9mm, i.e. no slide lock no saftey. It came with 1 magazine and holds 6 rounds.

I loaded it up and after the first 6 rounds the follower came out of the magazine:dunno:, jamming up the pistol after the last round. The magazines are made in Italy so I assume they were made by Mec-Gar, I have had good luck with Mec-Gar in the past. I disassembled the mag and flared the bottom of the follower out and had no other problems with the follower.

20170302_173232.jpg

I fired a total of about 90 rounds through it and ouch:( this little thing is snappy. All these rounds were 124 gr as the instruction manual that came with the pistol stated that the firing of anything above 124gr ammo was not recommend and would void any warranty. The only other issues I had was that on occasion the round would want to shoot nose up when going into the chamber. This resulted in a failure to feed but slightly pulling rearward on the slide would realign the cartridge and it would feed. I also had two instances in which the I pulled the trigger and it failed to fire. I pulled the slide slightly to the rear to reset the trigger and it fired upon second strike.

I wrote Diamondback about the magazine issue and they immediately responded and sent me a new magazine. They also asked me to report back to them after firing the new mag. I received the new mag in about 5 days and took it out to shoot today. I fired around 200 rounds of 124gr and this resulted in mediocre performance. The accuracy was very good for a pistol this size. The second mag performed fine but I still had an occasional lite primer strike and the occasional round shooting up to the moon out of the magazine.

As far as the pistol, for the price I am satisfied and can deal with the issues. I know it was not intended to be a range gun but after 290 rounds you should feel comfortable enough to carry the pistol:noway:. I have my dedicated carry pistols and I'm just hoping this one will eventually work the bugs out of itself:):. I usually get some type of failure about every other mag.

I filmed a few mags and thought I would share to see if anyone else has had a better or worse experience.

[video=youtube_share;6yQmiFWqF1U]http://youtu.be/6yQmiFWqF1U[/video]

[video=youtube_share;mfSOkCWYufU]http://youtu.be/mfSOkCWYufU[/video]

[video=youtube_share;qsTlE8WshHA]http://youtu.be/qsTlE8WshHA[/video]

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I've heard the same from a number of people, my good friend that works the gun counter at one of my local shops has said he's has to send back a number of these and even more of the full size models they came out with. Glad you got your takes care of OP.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    This is what everyone should just say to Diamondback at this point especially with the Glock 42 and 43 out now.

[video=youtube;1eO3XmuVry4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eO3XmuVry4[/video]

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was an "early adopter" of the DB380 and had to send it back once (FTFeed, FTE). When it returned, I never had another problem with it. It was a nice little BUG and surprisingly accurate. I only sold it because at the time 380 ammo was a little hard to find, and expensive when I could find it. I used to be a member of the now-defunct (I think) DBTalk forum and a lot of guys had trouble with the DB9 when it came out too. Towards the end it sounded like most of the initial issues had been corrected, but maybe not? Diamondback was subsequently bought by Taurus, although allegedly they continued their own manufacturing and Taurus was to take over the marketing aspect of the business.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I had similar experience. My DB9 was back to the factory a couple of times and I even burned a good pile of money purchasing extra mags to modify in an attempt to make the gun run. I wanted it to work so badly since it was so small and light. But I think they pushed things to far.

Now there are far better options. I ended up going with a Glock 26 at the time. But I think a Shield, XDS, Glock 43 or Ruger LC9s are all superior options albeit heavier and larger options.

Top Bottom