• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Anyone have recommendations for a good gun shop that carries a large selection of 1911's? The wife and I are looking for a full size in 45 ACP. We already have three, but two are commander size, and the full size that we have is a 10mm. Just doesn't seem right to not have a 5" in 45 ACP. We are in Delaware County, but don't mind driving a bit to find what we want.

Big Daddy's Guns and More in Hagerstown had a large selection when I was in there years ago, but I think they are closed now.

I am looking at the Springfield Armory Loaded Stainless and the S&W E-Series. This would be a range gun. Any experiences with one or both of these guns would be appreciated as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    IGC is about an hours drive for you.
    Maybe a bit spendy but they have a lot of everything.

PSS usually has a selection as does Bradis. They are SW of Indy.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    There is a brand new shop on Hwy 3 and I-70 just south of New Castle. When I stopped in, they already had a few. They were waiting on some Nighthawks, and had some DW's. I'm sure they had Springfields as well. They also had some Christenson's, and I had no idea they made 1911's. Aesthetically they were awesome, but the fit was not worth the price tag. It is a very cool shop with a neat concept.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Oh and you won't be disappointed in either the Springfield offerings or the E-series. Some old people would disown you for having an external extractor but they won't be around much longer so who cares. The Loaded is one of the best value 1911's out there.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    We are heading down to Cabelas on Saturday, so we might have to swing by IGC. I found a couple of each on GunBroker as well. One of the sellers is in Terre Haute, which wouldn't be out of the question.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Before you get all crazy, check out Elmore's. Decent selection, and folks that know 1911's. The smoke is a detriment, but if you want a 1911 do yourself a favor, and stop in!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    About a mile south of Elmore's is The Outdoorsman. They have a case full of nice 1911s with a bunch of Springfields, Sigs and other mid level guns.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you don't mind a road trip... TOmlinson's in Columbia City has a great sales person formerly known as JetGirl

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Thanks for the tips everyone, but I got crazy and picked up the Springer at IGC. I thought the price was fair, based on what I was seeing online. The wife and I both liked the looks of the S&W E-Series better, but also agreed that the trigger on the Springfield was a little better out of the box, not that the S&W was bad, it was nice too. The Springfield was also $100 less, and I get to send away for (4) "free" mags.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Congrats on your purchase...

Thanks for the tips everyone, but I got crazy and picked up the Springer at IGC. I thought the price was fair, based on what I was seeing online. The wife and I both liked the looks of the S&W E-Series better, but also agreed that the trigger on the Springfield was a little better out of the box, not that the S&W was bad, it was nice too. The Springfield was also $100 less, and I get to send away for (4) "free" mags.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have a safe full of Springers. You will not be disappointing.

Top Bottom