• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Been thinking about getting a Glock. How much of a deal is it to have a gunsmith remove these stupid finger grooves and just stipple or checker the front strap? I was holding some Glocks the other day at a gun store, and really liked the 34. Long barrel, slimmer slide, grip not to fat, only one thing... those stupid finger grooves don't match up to my fingers.

Now, I'm a 1911 fan, but that's because I love the feel of a 1911 in my hand. It just feels natural, so I shoot it well. Still, a higher capacity gun would be real nice. I had an XD in .45 acp... grip was way too fat for me. I want to like a Glock, but those finger grooves kill it for me.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Personally I will never buy a handgun with finger grooves they suck and it's just imho a poor attempt to make up for bad frame texturing.

That and I have gorilla hands apparently and most finger groves are too small for my hands and my middle finger ends up riding the ridge

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Plenty of people remove the finger grooves, just make sure it's done by someone who knows what they are doing. I don't like the grooves either which is why I love the gen2. Good luck

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    M&P , Sig's, CZ's, 1911's, Browning Hi-Powers, H&K VP-9's, the list goes on. Glocks point funny, literally no one likes their grip and they are no more reliable than any other striker fired firearm currently on the market. I do not understand how they have managed to keep the market share they still have and I personally hope the Sig P320 winning the Army contract is the first of many many nails in Glocks coffin. :hijack:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Finger grooves don't fit me well with Glock... UNTIL.... I took out part of the trigger guard. Now my fingers fit right into the grooves and I don't get the Glock "bite" from the guard.
    Works good for me.
    I've seen some frames damaged by people doing their own work on the grips and guards.
    Take your time OR... take it to someone competent to do it properly.
    Jason at Elmores is about as good as it gets on them.
    2zew0as.jpg

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Been thinking about getting a Glock. How much of a deal is it to have a gunsmith remove these stupid finger grooves and just stipple or checker the front strap? I was holding some Glocks the other day at a gun store, and really liked the 34. Long barrel, slimmer slide, grip not to fat, only one thing... those stupid finger grooves don't match up to my fingers.

Now, I'm a 1911 fan, but that's because I love the feel of a 1911 in my hand. It just feels natural, so I shoot it well. Still, a higher capacity gun would be real nice. I had an XD in .45 acp... grip was way too fat for me. I want to like a Glock, but those finger grooves kill it for me.

Yep, used to feel the same way but held one without them and found it to not be as comfortable. Go figure.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I must have the perfect sized hands for Glocks because the finger grooves have never bothered me. Actually, I never even notice them at all when I am shooting.

My hands do NOT line up with the finger grooves. Yet it's never bothered me either, nor do I notice them at all when shooting. I'm too busy focusing on the front sight.

-rvb

autogun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 30, 2016
    NWI
    I like the finger grooves. If they don't fit you, wait for the next generation. The FBI specified no grooves for fingers but real lands and grooves for rifling. I'm waiting too because I prefer real grooves and lands so I can shoot cast bullets.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Finger grooves don't fit me well with Glock... UNTIL.... I took out part of the trigger guard. Now my fingers fit right into the grooves and I don't get the Glock "bite" from the guard.
    Works good for me.
    I've seen some frames damaged by people doing their own work on the grips and guards.
    Take your time OR... take it to someone competent to do it properly.
    Jason at Elmores is about as good as it gets on them.
    2zew0as.jpg

Exactly.. generally when your fingers don't line up with the grooves it's because your middle finger being the largest doesn't fit the top groove. Hi gripping the pistol (Illustrated in Harry's pic) usually solves the problem.. It also gets you a little closer to the bore axis allowing better recoil control. Jason is the wizard when it come to that stuff and when he finishes you can't tell he's worked on it. Aside from the fact that it fits your hand better.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer

Top Bottom