• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INDY45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    Henryville, Indiana
    Just picked up a new Springfield Armory EMP4 contour carry, and I am a Springfield Fan. Pistol feels great and looks even better and with the promotion going on for 4 extra mags and a holster an a mag carrier it's a great deal. It does not like cheap ammo but eats through everything else I've put through it, I did loose the red sight pipe after a couple hundred rounds but it did not have enough mushrooming in the ends. Just wondering if any Body else had one and there thoughts on it were and what holster they might be using. I can't find one that fits it well enough.
    Thanks, Indy

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Let's see some pics! I really like the carry contour, and just posted in a different thread that I'm waffling a bit between this, and the EMP3.

I bet they are trying to crank these out so fast that someone missed getting the FO front sight mushroomed good and tight, as you said. Seems as soon as I get a notification that Grab-a-Gun has them back in stock, they're sold out again. Did it not come with some extra filaments in different colors? Also, you said it didn't take kindly to cheap ammo... what were you putting through it that it didn't want to eat?

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I once owned one of the early production EMP 9mm pistols. More accurate than it probably ought to have been for as short of a barrel it had!

The new EMP4 guns have made their way on to my "want" list... *sigh* Not that I'll ever have one - but you never know.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Do they make a 3" concealed carry contour?
    I'd love that in .40
    No, they do not. But that bobtail grip really SHOULD be on the 3" model, since that's the hardest part to conceal. With the early popularity of the Carry Contour, I've been speculating/wondering if that bobbed grip will make its way to the 3" versions.

INDY45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    Henryville, Indiana
    Well I looked at the EMP 3" but the 4 with contour felt so much better, shoots great and very accurate. I will post some pics when I figure how to on my phone my computer died and the new springfield out trumped the computer. My local GUN store had two of the contour carry EMP4. Also looked at a Ruger lightweight commander that might be next.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    No, they do not. But that bobtail grip really SHOULD be on the 3" model, since that's the hardest part to conceal. With the early popularity of the Carry Contour, I've been speculating/wondering if that bobbed grip will make its way to the 3" versions.

Boy, that'd be nice. I wouldn't be able to resist any more.

brokemule

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Ossian, IN
    I would love to find the EMP4 contour carry somewhere before the Springfield Gear up offer expires in June. I think this would make a great choice for EDC.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    Just picked up a new Springfield Armory EMP4 contour carry, and I am a Springfield Fan. Pistol feels great and looks even better and with the promotion going on for 4 extra mags and a holster an a mag carrier it's a great deal. It does not like cheap ammo but eats through everything else I've put through it, I did loose the red sight pipe after a couple hundred rounds but it did not have enough mushrooming in the ends. Just wondering if any Body else had one and there thoughts on it were and what holster they might be using. I can't find one that fits it well enough.
    Thanks, Indy
    I am looking at the EMP4 as my next purchase and I wanted to know how you like it now that you've had a year of experience. Good? Bad? Regrets?

Top Bottom