• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    So I had an buddy of mine bring me a Smith and Wesson 29-2 in .44 with original box, papers and tools. The box is a little rough but it's there. I believe the date of manufacture is 1980 with the serial number N782XXX. Gun is in very nice condition with a very faint turn line on the cylinder. The question is what do I pay for it? GunBroker is all over the place and the Big Blue gun book seems a bit high but I don't really have any idea. The few Smith revolvers I have are all police trade-in or military surplus so this is out of my usual realm. These are the only pictures that I took before we headed to dinner. I can take more later if need be. So, what do you think INGO!:ingo::ar15:

abeguzmanmarine

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    TERRE HAUTE
    Gorgeous piece. I love the SnW revolvers. Been collecting for awhile now. With the box and in that shape I would agree between $600-$800. But from a friend it should be closer to $600.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I want to know where you guys are finding 4" 29-2 in excellent condition with box for $600. I'll take two today, where can we meet?

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    29-2s bring good money especially in great shape and a 4in is usually harder to find at a minimum if I were him I would not sell it for less than $1100 may be $1050 if I was a good friend. This piece has no where to go but up in value the longer you keep it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I want to know where you guys are finding 4" 29-2 in excellent condition with box for $600. I'll take two today, where can we meet?

That's what I was thinking lol....The last year or so have been very, very, very good for ANY classic Smith...A customer and fellow INGO said Clark County got approved to carry 686 or 586's for duty.....I said "Sweet!!! You should be able to pick you up a shooter 686 for about $500 if you look around.." He looked at me and said, "Not even close...Pull up completed auctions on gunbroker.." I did and I was amazed at what they were going for....

A local shop had a model 66 snub KY DOC Smith for $500....I was getting ready to pm you and send one of my regulars to the shop with my FFL...I figured you or TedK would want it and might even let me make a nickel or two but it was gone....

K frame snubs, especially 19 or 66's, are getting ridiculous.....

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    That's a nice 29-2 and it would bring a premium on Gunbroker. They are not in the LGS around here often and when they do it's for premium dollars. I bought a 629-5 Trail Boss awhile back and paid an even 1K. It was in pristine condition with the original grips, and extra grip, 2 speed loaders, and had been Magna-ported. It's a great shooter.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I didn't know what it was worth so I gave him $750. He was happy and so was I. The GB auctions were all over the place.

I would say that was a very good buy and considering he didn't have to go through all the hassles, shipping and pain in rear of Gunbroker, he is probably a satisfied seller.

I will still give you $750. :):

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    That was more than a fair deal for you.
    As others much more knowledgeable already mentioned, it would haven't been out of the question for that little jewel to break four figures.
    Treat it well, and enjoy.
    Those nice big target grip stocks will help with the recoil quite nicely.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    If you can find this revolver in that condition for $650 I've got cash money for 2 or 3 at that price. Lately all that I've seen are pretty close to $1000 on Sunday and twice on Tuesday. Hell I've got a 29-3 with a 6" barrel and I've been offered $900 several times but have declined. I'll never sell it!

Top Bottom