• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 00Buck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Near Martinsville
    I don't have any newer ones that have the Hillary Hole. But a friend of mine purchased a new model 25 in 45 colt a few years back and it shoots as accurately as my older 25-5 4"

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Anyone able to speak on the accuracy, or lack thereof, of the smith and wesson classic models? I had heard at the range that they weren't all that great.
    If you buy one and don't like the action or the trigger there is one place to get it squared away pronto. Take it to Denny Reichard at Sand Burr Gun Ranch in Rochester and it will be cured! Denny is a preeminent S&W revolver smith with a nationwide reputation. He has worked my revolvers and they are incredibly slick and have actions that are like melted butter and shoot incredibly well. Or better yet, He also usually has an older 29 or two for sale with his action jobs done. Best of luck and Enjoy.

boatswainsmate

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 20, 2014
    Howard County
    I own two 629-3's. There some of the most accurate Smith & Wesson's I've ever owned. I have a 5 inch classic and 6 1/2 inch classic deluxe. There great if you want to change the front sights by yourself. There not pinned in like a traditional Smith & Wesson. They also were drilled and tapped for a scope mount from the factory. Plus one on Denny doing a trigger job. He's done every Smith & Wesson I own except for my safe queen.

Last edited:

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I've got a 629 Classic in a 6" barrel. I can ring my 10" gong at 100 yards all day long with lead or jacketed. It is one of the newer ones with the locking hole. Just as good as my older guns.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Had original 5" 629. Could hit 2 litre bottle at 100 til it got boring.
    Took 2 deer with it 1 shot each over 50 meters.
    Had Don Peters smooth out the trigger itself so that there was 3 of the original ridges on it but smoothed out the rest. It was the best revolver I ever had. Couldn't shoot it anymore so let it go a few years ago.

Bob

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    With good ammo and a steady hand a good S&W will deliver all the accuracy you could ask. Same could be said though of any quality revolver.

Top Bottom