• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Do any of the INGO community have any of the Uberti Revolvers? What do you think of the fit and finish? How do they compare with Ruger single action revolvers?

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I have 2 Uberti single actions, and 6 Rugers. They work, are timed well, actions are reasonably smooth and accurate for what they are.

They are Colt SAA clones so they have the 4 distinct clicks when cocking.

Not as strong as the Rugers but out of the box the actions are smoother.

In all I feel they are a good deal for the price.

Don

boatswainsmate

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 20, 2014
    Howard County
    I have one of these. It was made by Uberti but was sold under the Navy Arms name. I haven't shot it much but I haven't seen any flaws. I know it won't take the punishment a Ruger will.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I have 2 Uberti single actions, and 6 Rugers. They work, are timed well, actions are reasonably smooth and accurate for what they are.

They are Colt SAA clones so they have the 4 distinct clicks when cocking.

Not as strong as the Rugers but out of the box the actions are smoother.

In all I feel they are a good deal for the price.

Don

Couldnt have summed it up better. As already mentioned, due to the very close resemblence to the SAA in size, weight, function, etc...not as stong as a Ruger, but then it has that true (for a replica) SAA feel, fit, and finish for a very reasonable price!

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I was looking at a Uberti Cattleman and thought that it look very nice and liked the fit and finish. I like the Ruger Vaquero's but I don't think they look quite as nice. Not a tremendous choice in single action revolvers.

boatswainsmate

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 20, 2014
    Howard County
    I was looking at a Uberti Cattleman and thought that it look very nice and liked the fit and finish. I like the Ruger Vaquero's but I don't think they look quite as nice. Not a tremendous choice in single action revolvers.
    What are you looking to do with the firearm your buying? IE Target, Huntiing, protection

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Just like to get a single action for target shooting and enjoying. I have a Super Redhawk 44 mag and TC Contenders for hunting.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just like to get a single action for target shooting and enjoying. I have a Super Redhawk 44 mag and TC Contenders for hunting.

For those purposes I would go with the Uberti. I own an Uberti Cattleman in .357 magnum. It is an excellent piece. Accurate, smooth. enjoyable to shoot. It is not as strong as a Ruler, and probably will not last as long; but if you are using it for light duty, it will make you a very happy shooter.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have no personal experience here but have been very interested because I would like to get a replica revolver, that is the old cap and ball revolver converted to cartridge fire. Most of the threads I have read recommend Cimarron over Uberti because even though the Cimarron is made by Uberti, it has a better fit and finish.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Gorgeous "Schofield", btw! Love the inspectors cartouche on the grip!
    My son is dying to get one of these Schofields. He wants it in .45 Colt so that he can then pair it up with a Henry in the same caliber. I am trying to facilitate such an acquisition with some $$$.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    ca9032-r-mconvarmy5fullimage_3.jpg

This is what I am interested in.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    By all accounts, the Uberti offerings are excellent replicas of their genuine Colt and S&W counterparts.
    Since they're goal was to make clones instead of modern updates, it goes without saying that they won't have nearly the durability of the Ruger Blackhawk and Super Blackhawk, but they're certainly at least as durable as the original guns that they so nicely replicate.
    They're not cheap, but they won't set you back nearly as much as say an original S&W Schofield or Colt SAA in excellent condition.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Uberti's are great historical reproductions. They let you experience some of the firearms that today would be inadvisable or too expensive to shoot. I enjoy the conversion guns like the open top Colts. The rifles are nice too.

Last edited:

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    My son is dying to get one of these Schofields. He wants it in .45 Colt so that he can then pair it up with a Henry in the same caliber. I am trying to facilitate such an acquisition with some $$$.

Same here, except I want one of the Uberti Schofields in .38 Sp to go with my .357/.38 lever rifle. I have never had a top break centerfire, but about 40 years ago, I had an H&R top break .22 revolver. That was just one fun little gun which I stupidly traded away.

Top Bottom