Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 333 of 501 FirstFirst ... 233 283 323 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 343 383 433 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 5002

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Far to many consider value over substance.
    Them, "But if I put all that stuff in it I will never get my money back"........Me, "So"
    Some people like to tinker on their guns and that is perfectly fine, but I don't see any need to tinker on my P7's.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Some people like to tinker on their guns and that is perfectly fine, but I don't see any need to tinker on my P7's.
    And that is really OK with me.
    The referenced post is personal mindset and nothing more.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I've struggled with the idea of tinkering with my guns. As much as I love buying a gun that needs nothing, I have trouble bonding with them. Now, give me a mediocre gun that I turn into something that (in my mind at least) is special, and I love very bit of the thing. My Delta Elite is a case in point. As bought, it was mediocre Colt production 1911 to the max. Accuracy was iffy, the barrel to bushing fit was at the outside of tolerances and the whole thing had a bead blasted finish that screamed "hide the tooling marks". It's now quite different and is probably one of the last guns I'd part with. It's starting to get regular carry, but will never be an EDC, but even with the old mammoth ivory it sports, it gets carried a couple of times a month.

The P10C was different for me. It just worked so well, I bonded with it even though it was 99% stock. But, now that I've replaced the trigger, it feels like my gun. My Dan Wesson's have all had grips replaced and finger groves added and they feel right to me now. They felt like someone else's gun before I did those very minor of mods. High quality stock guns are really cool in their own way, but running something that you built will always hold a special place in my heart. Maybe it's a personality quirk though, as I tend to not buy art at home, but instead paint it myself. Here's a painting I did a couple of years back. I'm much happier with this on the wall than I am with any other art that I've bought.

88 (aka 88, the mad scientist)

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    I've struggled with the idea of tinkering with my guns. As much as I love buying a gun that needs nothing, I have trouble bonding with them. Now, give me a mediocre gun that I turn into something that (in my mind at least) is special, and I love very bit of the thing. My Delta Elite is a case in point. As bought, it was mediocre Colt production 1911 to the max. Accuracy was iffy, the barrel to bushing fit was at the outside of tolerances and the whole thing had a bead blasted finish that screamed "hide the tooling marks". It's now quite different and is probably one of the last guns I'd part with. It's starting to get regular carry, but will never be an EDC, but even with the old mammoth ivory it sports, it gets carried a couple of times a month.

The P10C was different for me. It just worked so well, I bonded with it even though it was 99% stock. But, now that I've replaced the trigger, it feels like my gun. My Dan Wesson's have all had grips replaced and finger groves added and they feel right to me now. They felt like someone else's gun before I did those very minor of mods. High quality stock guns are really cool in their own way, but running something that you built will always hold a special place in my heart. Maybe it's a personality quirk though, as I tend to not buy art at home, but instead paint it myself. Here's a painting I did a couple of years back. I'm much happier with this on the wall than I am with any other art that I've bought.

Very nice work 88....Very nice.

And as to your statement of "Not" fooling with your guns, You know how I am.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

My favorite bullet to reload 9mm for is the Extreme plated 124g. They usually have a good sale on BF and that's when I stock.
    Can you share your load with those 124g? There isn't many reloading component shops in the Fort so I may have to buy what I can find.

User Info Menu

Wow 88 you painted that? I don't think I have a creative bone in my body but I can appreciate someone else's skill and talent. You must have great patience. How many paintings have you done?

User Info Menu

Just saw that MAC did a torture test on the P10C. It did pretty darn well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOLiBG32IC0

User Info Menu

Congrats on starting reloading Tweak! I wish I had more time to spend at the reloading bench. You won't save money in the long run, but your shooting dollar will go farther when you reload. My favorite bullet to reload 9mm for is the Extreme plated 124g. They usually have a good sale on BF and that's when I stock up.

TopDog, keep telling WTB that you don't like the P10C. Sooner or later, he'll decide to part with it and it will hopefully move over to my collection. I've done some light polishing to mine and have recently installed the HBI trigger. I've come to love the thing, and would not mind adding a second to the safe. Lots of folks do not like the grip texture but I'm a fan. I like how it positively locks into my hand and does not move at all. It's not soft and smooth like my P07 with the Talon grip tapes, but I could dip my hand in a bucket of motor oil and shoot the P10C just fine. I don't think I'd say the same with most of my other guns.
    Ah so sounds like you are becoming the wizard of P10's. Maybe I will have to reconsider if you go into the business of fixing them up. The grip does not bother me.
    INGO has an excellent resource for safety recalls. Check it out: http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...l-listing.html

NOT "The Call Center" wtburnette's Avatar

User Info Menu

Very nice Tim and agreed about doing the stuff that makes the gun "your own"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I was mostly, but not exclusively, talking about 1911s and CZs. I understand owning guns as nostalgia pieces. I also understand the attraction of a quirky gun like the squeeze cockers.