• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Rigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Does anybody have one of these that they could recommend or comment on? I see these for pretty cheap sometimes and have thought about picking one up. I don't have a .22 pistol, but would like to have one to plink around with at home. I have leaned more towards the modern semi auto types, but wanted to hear some feedback on the rough rider before I bought either one.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have one. My daughters learned to shoot pistols with it before we got a semi-auto type 22lr. It's a fun gun to plink with and very good quality and accurate for the money in my opinion. I see prices vary for them, so just don't pay too much. You can't go wrong :twocents:

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I have had one for about three years now. It has both the .22 LR and .22 Mag cylinders. It is definitely not a Ruger, but it is also a third of the price of a Ruger. I don't anticipate being able to hand it down to my grandson, but for taking out to plink with, it does the job just fine.

Some people get wound up because it has a "safety" on it. I just ignore it and never use it. Again, I am not going for a collector's item here. I figure I have gotten my money out of it and if it breaks tomorrow, I just just buy another. I think I picked this one up on sale for $180.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've had one for at least 5 years now. It's a fun little gun to shoot. The only issue I had with mine was that about 5 years into owning it, the hand spring broke, so you would have to point the nose down to rotate the cylindar upon cocking. It would have been covered under warranty had I sent it in, but with the parts only costing $12, I just opted to buy a replacement and a spare.

Even with that, it's still a great value for the money.

JDG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2017
    LaPorte County
    I've been looking at getting one to teach my daughters about hand gun safety. And then they can move on to larger calibers I'd they choose.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I think this question gets asked every month but I understand why: Can a revolver for around $135 be a good buy? Yes, buy it you will love it. I got mine from Vizards online last year for one of my sons to use at the 4-H competitions and it is very accurate. I like that it has a safety because that makes it all the better for kids. It's actually well balanced even though its' steel with wood grips. I like it so much I might buy another one. Also, besides being accurate I have had no problems with it all. Go buy it you won't regret it.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I've heard complaints about a "pot metal frame" and guys not liking the safety, but I've never heard of major problems. Watch the Rural King adds. A couple months ago they had them on sale for $109. If I did not already have 3 good target .22 pistols, I would have jumped on it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I bought one a few years ago with adjustable fiber optic sights for like $210. I haven't had any problems with it. Shoots accurately and I have even used it with the .22 mag cylinder to hunt squirrels.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Bought mine @ Rural King for $109, sent in for the 22mag cylinder @ cost of $28. Love it, it is accurate and fun to shoot. It is a $100 gun so I don't expect it to be a $400 gun. The frame is an alloy and is not for sale in some states due to melting point rules (Illinois), a steel frame model is available @ about $60 more. Get the alloy one and shoot the crap out of it, you won't be disappointed.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I have one. My daughters learned to shoot pistols with it before we got a semi-auto type 22lr. It's a fun gun to plink with and very good quality and accurate for the money in my opinion. I see prices vary for them, so just don't pay too much. You can't go wrong :twocents:

Agreed! Hard to go wrong with these given the price and the fun, relatively cheap shooting they afford! Get one!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Currently Gander Mtn has them on sale for $119, plus they have a $20 discount with the code "Spring20" bringing it down to $99 if picked up in-store.

Heritage Manufacturing Rough Rider Handgun

The code works on firearms and is good until 5/6

Don't know about other Gander Mountain locations, but the Greenwood store will NOT honor any sale price, flyer, ad or coupon on firearms or ammo. They had one of these Rough Rider revolvers in stock at the store this evening, it is $199. No discounts.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I broke one just handing it in the store.....my thoughts? Buy a higher quality pistol from the get go....

Browning buckmart or S&W A22 or ......my wife loves her sig misqeto .......

Aaron

Top Bottom