• ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I like mine. Easy to carry and conceal.

It's small, so the recoil is felt but it's not painful. The recoil starts to become unpleasant, for me, after about 25 consecutive shots with it. The selling factor for me was that it's not snappy. I wouldn't enjoy it for plinking though.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I carry one daily, which replaced a shot-out early 1990's Colt Mustang. It is an easy, accurate shooter, and I'm more confident and comfortable with the 9mm instead of the .380. Although a bit bigger than the Mustang, it is very concealable, and carrying with discretion is an important consideration for me. Most (if not all) come with factory night sights, which is a big plus.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Looking into one myself as well. Midwest up here in Mishawaka has the two-tone with Hogue grips on sale for $520. I want to get something small for summer carry.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've had one for about 18 months and am very happy with it. It's a nice shooter for the size and caliber. Plus, it disappears when carried concealed.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I found a used SAS model a couple of months ago. After 700-800 flawless rounds, it's became my most carried firearm. I usually shoot 200 rds. per session [give or take], with zero pain or issues. If I do my part, it will shoot 1" ragged holes at 7 yds.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I hated mine and was lucky to trade it off for a Glock.

The holster it came with didn't fit the gun and was marring up the finish. Safety was super stiff and so was the trigger. Hard to take it apart. Super light I kept touching it to see if it was still on my belt. Super limited holster options. Hard to shoot well.

Overall for the money there are much better options.

glock212327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Wife has one and loves it. The holster that comes with it is worthless get a crossbreed or another quality holster. Magazines are expensive I believe a 7 round magazine will run around 40 bucks. Recoil is not bad very accurate shooter. The night sights are good but did switch them over to the Sig X-ray sights and my wife likes them a lot better than factory Sig Lite sights. The finish does wear very quickly.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is a small 9mm. So it carries well but has a little more felt recoil. Some of the early ones had some function issues but Sig seems to have gotten that worked out.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    It is a small 9mm. So it carries well but has a little more felt recoil. Some of the early ones had some function issues but Sig seems to have gotten that worked out.

It does from what I'm reading from posts on the internet that is correct, however it appears that some still experience issues with a two piece guide rod coming apart and grip screws falling out and some actually experiencing issues with those holes striping out.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It does from what I'm reading from posts on the internet that is correct, however it appears that some still experience issues with a two piece guide rod coming apart and grip screws falling out and some actually experiencing issues with those holes striping out.

That's good to know. I have been wanting an Extreme version of it for quite some time, but when they come on the used market (not often), prior owner always wants full retail.
    As summer gets closer I have a feeling I will be able to pick up a new one for less than what I see them used.
    There will be some of the bigger dealers wanting to move some inventory by July, when the gun market will be at a stand still. It's getting there now.
    I am just biding time, I will do some more research, if people are still having issues, I will bypass them all together.
    I have a P238, that I rarely shoot, maybe I should get it out more and run it. It is the ONLY Sig I have left.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I hated mine and was lucky to trade it off for a Glock.

The holster it came with didn't fit the gun and was marring up the finish. Safety was super stiff and so was the trigger. Hard to take it apart. Super light I kept touching it to see if it was still on my belt. Super limited holster options. Hard to shoot well.

Overall for the money there are much better options.

The free holster is rather useless. There are better options on the market now at least, may not have been that way when you had yours.

I'm particularly fond of my single clip IWB Protos-M from Black Arch Holster. It holds it well, is comfortable and works with all of my belts. A bonus is you can order the different backs and make it a dual clip IWB, OWB or hook and loop.

https://www.blackarchholsters.com/collections/all-products/make-sig+model-sig-p938

Ed B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2015
    Grant Co.
    Love mine! Looking for a second one. My wife has the baby brother, 238 and loves it also. Both very accurate and easy to shoot.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I have carried one daily for 2-3 years, and love it. It is amazingly accurate for such a small gun, and 100% reliable since I had the mainspring housing replaced by Sig right after buying it. And when I say "100%", I mean 100%. I shoot it a fair amount just to keep sharp with it.

I could not be happier with my gun.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I have carried one daily for 2-3 years, and love it. It is amazingly accurate for such a small gun, and 100% reliable since I had the mainspring housing replaced by Sig right after buying it. And when I say "100%", I mean 100%. I shoot it a fair amount just to keep sharp with it.

I could not be happier with my gun.

Sounds great, however have you had any issues with grip screws falling out or stripping, or the two piece guide rod coming apart?

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Sounds great, however have you had any issues with grip screws falling out or stripping, or the two piece guide rod coming apart?

Nope, the grip screws are fine, and my two-piece guide rod has never come loose. I did read about putting some JW Weld on the threads to keep it from coming apart, but I have never had an issue. I don't want to take it apart to glue it in case that makes it easier to come apart. As long as it is holding, I leave it alone.

You would think some aftermarket company would come out with a single-piece guide rod if that was such a big issue, but I have not seen anything out there.

I do check mine whenever I strip and clean the gun however.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    My 938 SAS has been my EDC with a Sticky Holster. Great little gun. Easy shooting and accurate (for what it is).

I did loose a couple grip screws before I was smart enough to use a little thread lock. No problems now.

No issue with guide rod...Unless you fire 1,000 rounds without a good once over; wouldn't think this would be an issue?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom