• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    I would like to be a fanboy too. Almost bought a stainless 75B a couple years ago when I saw one at Bradis but the time wasn't right. Time is right now. Called Bradis and they said they didn't have one and are getting hard to find in stainless. Checked on gunbroker and they only had one and Davidsons shows zero. So has anyone seen one these in a store lately?

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Just be patient, I hear CZ shipments are coming in again. LGS here has been getting in more than they had the past 3 or 4 months lately.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just be patient, I hear CZ shipments are coming in again. LGS here has been getting in more than they had the past 3 or 4 months lately.

Yep, that's the ticket. CZ ships in batches, so while they're kinda dry on a few things now, wait a bit and you'll see more variety. Just because I can, here are a couple glamor shots of my matte stainless 75B with Cool Hand grips:

stain1_zpsxvhx054g.jpg

stain2_zpsuynmvrhi.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I place an order for an SP-01 at my LGS. Took about a month but he grabbed one of out an shipment to his wholesaler. Said they were gone instantly.

Just place an order - you'll get one.

Love the matte stainless!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yep, that's the ticket. CZ ships in batches, so while they're kinda dry on a few things now, wait a bit and you'll see more variety. Just because I can, here are a couple glamor shots of my matte stainless 75B with Cool Hand grips:

stain1_zpsxvhx054g.jpg

stain2_zpsuynmvrhi.jpg

Dang, that's a nice looking pistol. The grips really set the matte stainless off well. I'm trying really hard to not take my high polished 75B out to the bead blaster or polish it with 600 grit. Trying really, really hard to not do that.

To the OP's original question: No, I have not seen any lately, but CZs seem to come in batches. There will be zero of a certain model for months, then all of the sudden, everybody has one in stock for a bit. Then back to zero again for a while.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette

stain1_zpsxvhx054g.jpg

stain2_zpsuynmvrhi.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one running coolhands. I love em, and for $25 less than VS.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have matching Cool Hand grips on both my SP01 and SP01 Compact. The quality is every bit as good as VZ and they have some interesting designs. Mine are the snake texture like WTBs above.

toronado97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2017
    Greenwood
    I mean if you're comfortable ordering online, I'd check out gun.deals and so a search for whatever you're looking for specifically. I went to Point Blank here in Indy and saw a CZ P-09 for 569.99, and found the same gun at iammo.com for 419.99. Shipping was free, and I paid 25 for an FFL transfer at US Defense Solutions. I got the gun two days after I ordered it. More like 36 hours to be honest. Just ensure when you receive your weapon that it's what you ordered and everything is in good condition because once you sign for it and leave the FFL you can't return it.

Kephas78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2017
    Seymour
    CZ handguns are uncommon to rare depending upon what part of Indiana you are in. Personally I prefer the Omega guns. Unfortunately I don't think they make any stainless omegas yet.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There's rumor of CZ building a plant in the US. If that happens, we might start seeing stuff that's more tailored to the US market than the world market. Right now, they are running at capacity in the Czech Republic trying to keep up with the world's appetite for service pistols. That does not leave a lot of room for development of stuff that would sell well in the US, but would not sell at all to foreign governments. If they build a US plant, maybe we'll see more stainless pistols and more pistols in .45 or even 10mm.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    There's rumor of CZ building a plant in the US. If that happens, we might start seeing stuff that's more tailored to the US market than the world market. Right now, they are running at capacity in the Czech Republic trying to keep up with the world's appetite for service pistols. That does not leave a lot of room for development of stuff that would sell well in the US, but would not sell at all to foreign governments. If they build a US plant, maybe we'll see more stainless pistols and more pistols in .45 or even 10mm.

10mm 97? You have my attention.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks

stain1_zpsxvhx054g.jpg

stain2_zpsuynmvrhi.jpg

This maybe is a stupid question, but the gun pictured can be carried locked and cocked (like a 1911). With the four rules in play, how do you safely lower the hammer nd is it common?

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hammer let down by hand.
    They have "D" models that have a decocker.
    And, yes, it can be carried cocked and locked (a la 1911 style), or carried hammer down, which gives a tougher pull for 1st shot (think Sig DA/SA)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hammer let down by hand.
    They have "D" models that have a decocker.
    And, yes, it can be carried cocked and locked (a la 1911 style), or carried hammer down, which gives a tougher pull for 1st shot (think Sig DA/SA)

Exactly right. I don't carry this gun, but if I did, it would be condition 1 with the hammer back and safety on, just like a 1911. I don't know why anyone would consider that any less safe than a striker fired gun with no safety, like a Glock or M&P... :dunno:

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Oak hill guns on line is a dealer so is D&L shooting supplies . CZ is smart they do not flood the market keeps the price where they are. Am I a fan boy no I am not I only have one 75 sp-01 shadow and only one 75 shadow and a compact 75 and a scorpion evo carbine. Also check out cz USA web site they sell there guns on there. Good luck to you hard to find but worth it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Outdoorsman in Greenwood has been my go-to place for CZs. They seem to be able to get stuff others have trouble obtaining. They have another batch of P10Cs inbound and were able to get their hands on a bunch of P01 Omegas too. They seem to be the best place in Indy for getting some interesting CZs.

Top Bottom