US Firearms Wheel Gun Prices (OUTRAGEOUS!!!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I must say that I truly love the look of the now-discontinued US Firearms wheel guns of the peacemaker variety. It was easy to see why those guns would run you $1,500- $2,000 if you bought them from USFA directly. At that time, there were other guns higher on the list of "must-haves" for me and especially in that price range.

Today, one look on GunBroker will see people asking at least TWICE their original cost for the USFA Peacemakers. Granted, this seems to be what they are ASKING but not often GETTING!

I guess I wonder why people believe that a line of revolvers would ever rise to such a high price point since MOST people who originally purchased them did so with the intent of simply putting them away to increase in value rather than use? The fact that so few were actually shot means that most on the market are pristine and, therefore, would also mean that few people are going to pay the outrageous prices being asked, and especially since there are better iterations of the Peacemaker (Ruger Vaquero comes to mind) and actual COLTS from many years ago that don't even pull such weight on the market except for those in good condition from antiquity (something the USFA revolvers lack). You were already paying three to four times the cost of a Vaquero when you bought the USFA revolver in the first place, and now you expect to get two times THAT already inflated price?

Good luck.

Would love to own one, but would NEVER pay $3,000+ for a six shot, single action revolver from the "antiquity" of 2005! LOL! What are people smoking?

Granted, this is not in EVERY case, as there are some being listed for somewhere around their original list price, but those believing these are going to appreciate to an astronomical value in such a short time just don't seem to understand the market!

Vanguard.45

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    First Gen Peacemakers in the same condition pull in similar money, but those at least have some history and the Colt name to go with them. Not something I would buy, I shoot everything I own on at least some occasions.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I had a pair in .44-40 with7 1/2 barrels black powder frame shot with full cases FFFg one day they were there in safe next they were gone and in my son's safe. He used them in SASS. He could have taken the pair of Colts 5 1/2" barrels but they are worth twice the value of USFA's. New they were $889 each, today would take $4000 or more to buy. They were the best SAA made at the time, so much better than Colt. Later Colt got it together except for their Nickle finish.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Would love to own one, but would NEVER pay $3,000+ for a six shot, single action revolver from the "antiquity" of 2005! LOL! What are people smoking?

Not smoking anything. Just predictable market reaction.

One of the many beauties of the gun culture is that there is a gun for everyone, for every SES or level of interest.

For 3K I can get 6 Ruger Bisleys.:D Each to his own.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am not famliar with that brand. Are they very high quality? Freedom Arms revolvers are pretty pricey but the superior quality is readily apparent in a side to side comparison. On the range they also prove to be superior to most in the accuracy department.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    The USFA single action guns were hand built and very nice, but you were paying for that quality at the $1500 to $2000 mark. Any more than that and you are headed out of sanity.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I've got an old lawnmower trailer Id like to sell.
    It has a shot floor and no tail lights.
    I'd like to get 1500.00 for it.
    We'll see if the market agrees with my assessment of its worth.

EG: they can ASK 3000.00 for one all day, if they want. But it won't be WORTH 3k until someone is actually willing to pay it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I've got an old lawnmower trailer Id like to sell.
    It has a shot floor and no tail lights.
    I'd like to get 1500.00 for it.
    We'll see if the market agrees with my assessment of its worth.

EG: they can ASK 3000.00 for one all day, if they want. But it won't be WORTH 3k until someone is actually willing to pay it.

True, the only one with a bid is one at a more realistic starting bid in the 600's.

Top Bottom