• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    I have recently started a Glock 19 build . Received the Polymer 80 PF940C. Ordered a blank slide from IDP Tactical and have sent it off to Jagerwerks for machining. No need to go through a FFL. And you can get whatever parts you want for this build. Can come out to be about the same price or a little more depending on what you want to do. All I have no is the frame but can do updates after I get the slide back.

Attachments

• IMG_20170504_223335.jpg
      IMG_20170504_223335.jpg
      373 KB · Views: 34
    • IMG_20170504_223735_776.jpg
      IMG_20170504_223735_776.jpg
      85 KB · Views: 46

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I did a Polymer 80 G19 build recently too. Unfortunately, I had a TON of trouble with it and had to completely decommission one frame and have multiple phone calls with their customer service and technical service departments before they helped me get it right.

Let me preface this by saying I am pretty technically savvy, I have build 80% AR lowers, I have a drill press for milling and am very good a breaking down guns and modifying them.

Basically, after milling and drilling the frame (which I did very precisely) and then installing their locking blocks and rear rails set, neither my Gen 3 Zev Tech slide (which I got for this build) or Gen 3 Glock 19 OEM slide would fit on the rails. So tight I could not even rack the slide. I called them, they were mystified and decided to send me a new set of locking block/rear rails. I got them a few days later, installed them and had the SAME PROBLEM. I called them back and they decided to ask me to decommission the frame (cut in half) and they sent me a whole new one.

I then milled and drilled the SECOND frame, installed all the parts and HAD THE EXACT SAME ISSUE. I was pretty pissed at this point. I then spoke directly with their technical who then suggested that I take my Dremel and grind down the faces of the locking block and rear rails. I did this and low and behold....it solved the fitment issue!!! Except now my locking block has had all the black nitride finish ground off. Not good for longevity of the part.

So...in the end, after a BUNCH of frustration and compromising the integrity of a main part of the frame, I have a working 80% Glock frame gun. I like it and will post pictures. However, I am not sure I would ever go through all that again.

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    I did a Polymer 80 G19 build recently too. Unfortunately, I had a TON of trouble with it and had to completely decommission one frame and have multiple phone calls with their customer service and technical service departments before they helped me get it right.

Let me preface this by saying I am pretty technically savvy, I have build 80% AR lowers, I have a drill press for milling and am very good a breaking down guns and modifying them.

Basically, after milling and drilling the frame (which I did very precisely) and then installing their locking blocks and rear rails set, neither my Gen 3 Zev Tech slide (which I got for this build) or Gen 3 Glock 19 OEM slide would fit on the rails. So tight I could not even rack the slide. I called them, they were mystified and decided to send me a new set of locking block/rear rails. I got them a few days later, installed them and had the SAME PROBLEM. I called them back and they decided to ask me to decommission the frame (cut in half) and they sent me a whole new one.

I then milled and drilled the SECOND frame, installed all the parts and HAD THE EXACT SAME ISSUE. I was pretty pissed at this point. I then spoke directly with their technical who then suggested that I take my Dremel and grind down the faces of the locking block and rear rails. I did this and low and behold....it solved the fitment issue!!! Except now my locking block has had all the black nitride finish ground off. Not good for longevity of the part.

So...in the end, after a BUNCH of frustration and compromising the integrity of a main part of the frame, I have a working 80% Glock frame gun. I like it and will post pictures. However, I am not sure I would ever go through all that again.
    From everything that I have read and watched on this build, that seems to be a common occurrence. The tolerances are just so tight. Everyone that has done this build keeps saying to lube it and grind down the locking block and/or the rear rails.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    That's funny because I looked EVERYWHERE online for someone having the same issues I was having. I could not find anything. Everyone I saw was having perfect builds.

Endrin2113

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Plainfield
    I have recently started a Glock 19 build . Received the Polymer 80 PF940C. Ordered a blank slide from IDP Tactical and have sent it off to Jagerwerks for machining. No need to go through a FFL. And you can get whatever parts you want for this build. Can come out to be about the same price or a little more depending on what you want to do. All I have no is the frame but can do updates after I get the slide back.
    Good job. You seem to have taken the same approach to stippling i do. Irregularity is the key, for artistically impaired people like myself, to hide your sins and make a stipple job look decent.

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    Here is the near finishing touch. Got it exactly how I wanted. I did have some issues fitting the stock Glock 19 barrel into the slide. It would not go into battery. When it did go into battery, I could not rack the slide back. In order to loosen it up, i had to open hand punch the slide fron the front for it to be able to be maneuvered. So, I took a file and filed down on the front side of the ejection port of the slide to make room for the barrel. After quite a while, I finally got the stock barrel to fit like a glove and was able to rack the slide back and forth. Of course oiled her up, dry fired amd took her out and ran about 100 rounds through her to test fire. Worked like a charm! No failures, everything worked great as expected.
    I am currently waiting on a threaded and fluted barrel from S3F Solutions and will put on a compensator from Texas Black Rifle Company. I know what you're thinking, "but 9mm doesn't have much recoil to begin with." I know this. Just want to have some fun with this build. And I am doing just that.
    After installing the stock trigger components, I realized how gritty the trigger was feeling. So, I took parts (titanium striker, titanium safety plunger) from my Pyramid trigger that I got from Glockstore, installed a ghost 3.5 connector, and left in the stock trigger. Cleaned it up SO MUCH! Will be doing some more shooting tonight to test for accuracy with the stock Glock sights. I do plan on getting a set of steel sights down the road.

Attachments

• IMG_20170608_155430_361.jpg
      IMG_20170608_155430_361.jpg
      420.6 KB · Views: 28
    • 20170607_165731.jpg
      20170607_165731.jpg
      354.1 KB · Views: 20

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I hope your 80%er shoots well and lasts a long time......I did one of the AR lowers, (gift from my wife) I have a milling machine, I am a tool & die maker, ......tossed on a .22LR upper.....and wow I got a surprise as the gun broke in several parts......

They sent me a replacement, but I traded it, wasn't gonna take a chance on another failed lower

Aaron

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    I believe I have finished my project finally. Installed an Overwatch Precision trigger. Finally got my S3F Solutions threaded and fluted barrel. And installed the Texas Black Rifle Company micro comp. Had some issues with the slide cycling too fast causing a FTF or FTE. But, I think some more shooting will help with this issue.

Attachments

• 20170627_212606.jpg
      20170627_212606.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 18

greed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Any more Polymer 80 G19 builds going on? I picked up a lower, but will likely wait until this winter to start. Looking for options and trying to decide on a slide and other components. Lots of good youtube videos out there. Has anyone here had any problems? The Tactical Toolbox youtube channel seems like a great resource.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM9IxdhUn4Sm8ITdod8Tm2Q

Top Bottom