• Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Let's start with the picture.

This is my 10" Ruger MKII. I bought it brand new in 1998. I've got 15-20k rounds through it and it still shoots great. I haven't done anything to it at all. I did send it back to Ruger a few years ago to have the ejector replaced/tightened up but that was it.

Now for why I'm kinda bragging on it. I made these 5 inch plates a few weeks ago.

I have had them to the range twice this week. On Monday, I was shooting at one of them with my 10/22 making it dance. I pulled out the pistol and figured I'd see if I could hit it. Off of a sandbag with a little holdover, I hit it on my 4th shot. Once I got into a rhythm, I could ring it 5 or 6 rounds a mag.

Then I took another shot and the target just dropped. I walked down to see what had happened and I had hit the cheap carriage bolt I used to attach it to the chain and it had pushed the bolt right through the plate.

So I replaced the bolt with a proper one and took them back out today. I was able to string together 7 out of 10 hits once and still hit it 3-5 times per mag.

I love letting others shoot it. At 53 ozs, there is almost no recoil. I bring it with me to any kind of shoot I go to and every range trip. It always brings a smile to my face. :)::)::):

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I've got the mkII stainless 6 7/8" slabside competition model. It's a great shooter. I don't have but a few hundred rounds through it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I love the look of those 10" pistols. I considered it for concealed carry, but my wife said my small hands would give me away.

I have a nylon holster for it. If I draw it from my belt, my elbow about goes to my ear. You ain't getting that thing out fast.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I recently picked up a 10" barreled Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44mag.
    I have yet to take it out for any real practice, but I'm looking forward to it.

I also have a 6" barreled Desert Eagle in .44mag.
    Several years ago I took it out to the range.
    I scored several 3" groups of 6 shots from a rest at 100 yards!
    I was thoroughly impressed with myself, and even more so with the gun.

That long(er) sight radius makes a HUGE difference.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I recently picked up a 10" barreled Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44mag.
    I have yet to take it out for any real practice, but I'm looking forward to it.

I also have a 6" barreled Desert Eagle in .44mag.
    Several years ago I took it out to the range.
    I scored several 3" groups of 6 shots from a rest at 100 yards!
    I was thoroughly impressed with myself, and even more so with the gun.

That long(er) sight radius makes a HUGE difference.

The DE was the first ever .44 Magnum I ever fired.
    One of the guys in missile division had bought one and he was just itching to shoot it, so we went to the indoor range just off base.
    There was a guy in the adjacent lane shooting a 1911.
    After we had sent the third round screaming downrange out of that big DE, 1911 guy just shook his head, quickly put his pistol in its case, then left.
    The blast was quite impressive. ;)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Had some time, a box of ammo and a bunch of plates. 325 more rounds through this masterpiece.

ztM8RPr.jpg

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Let's start with the picture.

This is my 10" Ruger MKII. I bought it brand new in 1998. I've got 15-20k rounds through it and it still shoots great. I haven't done anything to it at all. I did send it back to Ruger a few years ago to have the ejector replaced/tightened up but that was it.

Now for why I'm kinda bragging on it. I made these 5 inch plates a few weeks ago.

I have had them to the range twice this week. On Monday, I was shooting at one of them with my 10/22 making it dance. I pulled out the pistol and figured I'd see if I could hit it. Off of a sandbag with a little holdover, I hit it on my 4th shot. Once I got into a rhythm, I could ring it 5 or 6 rounds a mag.

Then I took another shot and the target just dropped. I walked down to see what had happened and I had hit the cheap carriage bolt I used to attach it to the chain and it had pushed the bolt right through the plate.

So I replaced the bolt with a proper one and took them back out today. I was able to string together 7 out of 10 hits once and still hit it 3-5 times per mag.

I love letting others shoot it. At 53 ozs, there is almost no recoil. I bring it with me to any kind of shoot I go to and every range trip. It always brings a smile to my face. :)::)::):

I got one of those also... STUPID ACCURATE!

Top Bottom