• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've not purchased a new gun in over three years. Although I have no desire to purchase one now, I have no choice. I recently got permission to take possession of my Hybrid suppressor and do not own a handgun to run it on. So, I'm looking for a suppressor-ready handgun and need recommendations. I am not locked into any particular caliber, but will most likely go with 9mm or .45 ACP. SO, what's the best option(s) out there?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Use? Budget?

The FN FNX 45 is the first the comes to mind. Its a big double stack but a very nice weapon.

I have a bone stock M&P 45 that is surprisingly accurate - trigger is horrid...worst M&P trigger I own. Will get an Apex at some point...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have my eye on the HK VP9 Tactical.

The VP was the most natural feeling pistol I've ever held. Points and shoots like a dream for me. I normally carry and shoot a Glock 19 with Big Dot sights, which is fine for self defense distances. But The VP9 made me realize just how much accuracy I am giving up with my current set-up.

http://hk-usa.com/hk-models/vp9-tactical/

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oh, and how did you manage to go three years without a new gun? I can't seem to manage three weeks without buying something I don't need (or sometimes even want). What's the secret to abstinence in gun buying?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    CZ is putting out a bunch of suppressor ready pistols. A P07 or P09 might be fun but an SP01 would really be cool.
    The SP01 tactical is very enjoyable.

50C19C46-C0A5-470D-8290-D79A38CD371E_zpsi6ao3wca.jpg

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    CZ is putting out a bunch of suppressor ready pistols. A P07 or P09 might be fun but an SP01 would really be cool.

I love CZ and have three of them. I can't understand why they won't manufacture a threaded drop in barrel for the 97B? That would save me some money. Well, I guess I just answered my own question.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Oh, and how did you manage to go three years without a new gun? I can't seem to manage three weeks without buying something I don't need (or sometimes even want). What's the secret to abstinence in gun buying?

Well, I forgot the SBR I bought so, make that one year. :):

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have my eye on the HK VP9 Tactical.

The VP was the most natural feeling pistol I've ever held. Points and shoots like a dream for me. I normally carry and shoot a Glock 19 with Big Dot sights, which is fine for self defense distances. But The VP9 made me realize just how much accuracy I am giving up with my current set-up.

VP Tactical - Heckler & Koch

I looked at the VP. Which can are you going to put on it?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I bought a a gun last week. DDM4v7. I'm in love.
    Pull the trigger Que, and get your handgun.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I just Cajunized my P-07 this morning but, alas, the suppressor still has more time to serve...

I went with the CZ as my first pistol suppressor host as I found I didn't like "looking through" the suppressor to aim pistols without suppressor sights. When I added the cost of a threaded barrel and suppressor height sights, plus the issue of extended barrels and suppressor sights not fitting my holsters, it made more sense (to me) to get a dedicated host and keep it by the bed.

Minifire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    USA

Generally, the secret of any abstinence is in well-balanced needs. So you don't need to compensate the lack of resources in one area by gaining too much in other direction. This rule works for all aspects of life, not only guns :)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I really enjoy the CZ and when I first moved here, I couldn't find one anywhere. I thought I would be proactive and contact my LGS so they could start the search. He told me they have all of the suppressor-ready CZ's in stock. I'm disappointed that I can't have a 97B, but the SP01 Tactical should work fine. I will probably take my Hybrid down there to see how they all feel and balance, before I decide.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I really enjoy the CZ and when I first moved here, I couldn't find one anywhere. I thought I would be proactive and contact my LGS so they could start the search. He told me they have all of the suppressor-ready CZ's in stock. I'm disappointed that I can't have a 97B, but the SP01 Tactical should work fine. I will probably take my Hybrid down there to see how they all feel and balance, before I decide.

suppress everything, next time you come back to Indiana, try them out.

F8191346-920A-4F2B-9CE7-D5344F13455E_zpswo3ft4u5.jpg

Top Bottom