• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    NE Indiana
    At my age, arthritis is slowing me down. Thumbs and wrists aren't able to rack the slide easily. I decided to do some trading from my .40 cal carry.

After checking the slide and recoil spring AND the different serrations on the slide, I bought the Kimber 9MM Raptor. I like the looks and workmanship, the serrations on the slide, AND the ambidextrous safety. Since I'm a leftie, that's a plus too. So far, 100 rounds of hard ball 124 gr. through three different mags that were fully loaded, no hiccups of any kind. I'll run an additional 200 rounds through it and then carry it with Gold dots or Hornady Critical defense. The Raptor is a sweet shooter and the recoil is not snappy as far as I'm concerned, no big deal. . The single action trigger pull of this mini 1911 is a little heavier than I prefer but hopefully, it will lessen.

On a similar note, I have a basketfull of left handed holsters, none of them work very well. For the Raptor, i decided to try the JM4 Tactical IWB magnetic. I'm going to like it! The strong magnet keeps the gun tight but I can shake it out of the holster when it's upside down, but no problem there either. It's also easy to slip the holster on the belt or pants, no clips!

I did find that the tab on the holster was showing outside of my short jacket so i got the idea of adding an old cover from a cell phone. It looks like I'm carrying a cell phone on my belt.

Overall, I think that this is going to work for me. So ends this long winded report, LOL.

DSCN0350_zpscrjgqhmy.jpg

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I love the ingenuity of using a cell phone cover on the belt loop. What a great way to go even deeper under-cover!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So let's see, "Geezer" starts a thread called "age related carry". This checks out, carry on! Speaking of carry, awesome use of a flip-phone cover.

geezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    NE Indiana
    I got a kick out of Vert's post. Sorta reminded me of the senior lady who asked me a question when I was doing my usual walk outside. I was wearing my camo sling bag with my flip phone, camera , and Charter Arms Bulldog in it. She asked me if the pak contained my oxygen tank. Just think of the possibilities there.LOL.
    Vert is right. I don't need a 'smart' phone to text or carry on inane conversations. I'll stay with my landline and my 'geezer' flip phone, a lot cheaper. However, i'll bet that there are not many 89 year old geezers who have computers to indulge in their other hobby, photography.................. AND who drive a Mazda Miata.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I got a kick out of Vert's post. Sorta reminded me of the senior lady who asked me a question when I was doing my usual walk outside. I was wearing my camo sling bag with my flip phone, camera , and Charter Arms Bulldog in it. She asked me if the pak contained my oxygen tank. Just think of the possibilities there.LOL.
    Vert is right. I don't need a 'smart' phone to text or carry on inane conversations. I'll stay with my landline and my 'geezer' flip phone, a lot cheaper. However, i'll bet that there are not many 89 year old geezers who have computers to indulge in their other hobby, photography.................. AND who drive a Mazda Miata.

Geezer shoots, and... Geezer scores!
    I tip my hat to you, good sir!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

I just inherhited a 19 and 21 year old intern. Trying to figure out who is teaching who. Talk about a generational gap.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wow, I salute you geezer! My mom just turned 95. About 20 years ago, my work gave everyone a new computer (desktop) for personal use. Since I already had one, I gave mine to my mom. I tried to teach her the basics, and she even took a class for "seniors", but just never got the hang of it. My favorite was when she would send me an email to tell me she didn't know how to get to her email. :n00b: :):

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

You should so have a Tommy Gun as your trunk gun.

Top Bottom