• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    TTAG had an article about it too but a lot more supposition as to the cause, namely lack of cleaning/maintenance and cheap ammo. Feasible but still just supposition. I'd think if it were that simple, Sig would have noticed and told them so.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I'm noticing,
    A. Apparently, only NJ. And, well, it IS New Jersey.
    B. Both of the models supplied, are, as far as I know, (which admittedly isn't a lot) pretty nice variants. And I know of no obvious problems with either model.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    TTAG had an article about it too but a lot more supposition as to the cause, namely lack of cleaning/maintenance and cheap ammo. Feasible but still just supposition. I'd think if it were that simple, Sig would have noticed and told them so.

That's the nice thing about Glocks. They run without maintenance and with cheap ammo. Besides, that is likely not the issue, as the article specifically states that there were malfunctions with both range and duty ammo.

I see that NJSP replaced the Sigs with Glocks. Good move. Whatever they paid for their Enhanced Elite Super-Duper Tacticool Delta Force model P229s, it was taxpayer money wasted. No police force needs overpriced guns that do not work properly.

Can't wait to see the wailing and gnashing of teeth when the Army's P320s start crapping the bed. Because they are going to. Sig quality control is not what it used to be.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Two questions:
    1. Being that hollow points are illegal in NJ, what is the difference between their range and duty ammo?

2. How are the ISP's Sig P227s fairing? Have any issues been reported? (I haven't heard of any)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Two questions:
    1. Being that hollow points are illegal in NJ, what is the difference between their range and duty ammo?

Law enforcement officers in NJ are exempt from the prohibition on hollowpoints. New Jersey statute 2C:39-3(f)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    New Jersey wasn't the only one with issues with issued Sigs in that time frame.

Sig certainly isn't alone in releasing bad product due to minor changes. Glock has had several missteps, from Gen 3 issues with a WML to FTF with the early single stacks...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I never heard much about this kind of thing back in the 1970's/80's.......Guns not working huh? Weird.....

revolver_1.jpg
    846-03165188en_Masterfile.jpg

M-DutyGear-1.jpg

000_1183.jpg

s758504978331892243_p88_i1_w650.jpeg

0e865df7-88f4-4e5a-b20f-26a2584150cf_zpslmddakwn.jpg

Pictures+of+Life+of+the+New+York+Police+Department+in+the+1970's+(70).jpg

Two mustaches..Two hats....Yet two different lives....

NYC officer must have been working security at a 1977 Queen concert...He has no idea Freddie Mercury is right behind him...:)

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    How are the ISP's Sig P227s fairing? Have any issues been reported? (I haven't heard of any)

From what I've been told, they are doing fine with them. They had a hiccup when they first rolled them out but I believe new magazines corrected it. I'm not a Sig fan but I shot one and actually liked it.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    T..Can't wait to see the wailing and gnashing of teeth when the Army's P320s start crapping the bed. Because they are going to. Sig quality control is not what it used to be.

As a P320 owner, I wish you were wrong. Sig is heading downhill it seems. The 2022 is reasonably good, but kind of toe-in water effort. P250 was botched on intro, numerous issues and poor marketing for what could have been a very successful pistol. Now the 320 comes, with quite the reputation for hit-and-miss, some are epic, some are awful, and it seems like no 320s feel the same as the others, and Sig STILL isn't delivering on the promise of the modular platform, since x-change kits are both overpriced and perpetually out of stock.

ETA: consider the lack of attention to detail involved in releasing a 2016 product catalog that indicates that P250s and P320s have stainless frames...

Last edited:

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    ETA: consider the lack of attention to detail involved in releasing a 2016 product catalog that indicates that P250s and P320s have stainless frames...

I believe the part you refer to as the frame is the grip module. The stainless part is the trigger group and receiver (the numbered part) so it could be called the frame because it holds the action group.

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    As a P320 owner, I wish you were wrong. Sig is heading downhill it seems. The 2022 is reasonably good, but kind of toe-in water effort. P250 was botched on intro, numerous issues and poor marketing for what could have been a very successful pistol. Now the 320 comes, with quite the reputation for hit-and-miss, some are epic, some are awful, and it seems like no 320s feel the same as the others, and Sig STILL isn't delivering on the promise of the modular platform, since x-change kits are both overpriced and perpetually out of stock.

I watched a P320 get dropped on the ground at the range today, and from waist height to concrete floor powered only by gravity, the entire front portion of the slide assembly jumped the frame rails while the back rails hung on and the striker tang was stuck on the disconnector. The tip of the left side of the slide stop sheared clean off and the slide would no longer lock.

I didn't know a modern firearm could do that. It was magical.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a basic Nitron Sig P229 .357 Sig and it's been flawless with no malfunction of any kind.
    And that includes using low cost practice ammo.

Last edited:

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Top Bottom