• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ever since I was a computer nerd, building my own computers, I've been a huge fan of the price/performance ratio. While the wife and I were at the range last week, she wanted to shoot a variety of 9mm pistols, so she went through several that the range had to rent. I shot a couple of them and came away seriously impressed with the Canik TP9 V2. Talking to one of the RO's, I found they retailed around $350. I thought that was amazing. Researching it here on the forums, I found that I could pick up the improved SF Elite model for just a bit more (thanks Barry). I had gone down to the LGS and they had one in stock, so I got to handle it and was quite impressed, so I ordered one. Just picked it up:

IMG_20170518_171617_zpsclyrt6sn.jpg

Hard to resist for $375 shipped. I can't wait to get it to the range on Saturday to see how it does while shooting. I'm very optimistic it will be great. Dry firing the gun, the trigger is amazing and it has a nice, short, very tactile reset. Add that to the comfortable grip and the warren tactical blacked out back sights with F/O front sights and this thing should be sweet! :yesway:

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Ever since I was a computer nerd, building my own computers, I've been a huge fan of the price/performance ratio. While the wife and I were at the range last week, she wanted to shoot a variety of 9mm pistols, so she went through several that the range had to rent. I shot a couple of them and came away seriously impressed with the Canik TP9 V2. Talking to one of the RO's, I found they retailed around $350. I thought that was amazing. Researching it here on the forums, I found that I could pick up the improved SF Elite model for just a bit more (thanks Barry). I had gone down to the LGS and they had one in stock, so I got to handle it and was quite impressed, so I ordered one. Just picked it up:

IMG_20170518_171617_zpsclyrt6sn.jpg

Hard to resist for $375 shipped. I can't wait to get it to the range on Saturday to see how it does while shooting. I'm very optimistic it will be great. Dry firing the gun, the trigger is amazing and it has a nice, short, very tactile reset. Add that to the comfortable grip and the warren tactical blacked out back sights with F/O front sights and this thing should be sweet! :yesway:
    I think you have a winner there!psyko

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Wt, welcome to the INGO Canik club. I bet we are up to 10 or 15 owners with the series starting with "TP." (I don't know about the other Canik owners on here with Sharks, etc). I bet you are going to like it.....

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Take plenty of ammo cause you won't want to stop. You're going to be a huge fan of this price/performance ratio. This gun is killing my ammo budget and I take it every trip. I have a TriStar T-120 that is a Canik Shark imported by TriStar. Also a good gun. I paid $385 a piece for them. I consider them bargains. Now I want the SFX.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Where you going and what time.. maybe some of the INGO crew would like to stop by and help you "ring it out". :)

I'll be at Point Blank in Greenwood, Saturday morning around 8-9. Could hang around longer if needed ;)

Take plenty of ammo cause you won't want to stop. You're going to be a huge fan of this price/performance ratio. This gun is killing my ammo budget and I take it every trip. I have a TriStar T-120 that is a Canik Shark imported by TriStar. Also a good gun. I paid $385 a piece for them. I consider them bargains. Now I want the SFX.

Good to know :yesway:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Range report!

Finally got the run to the range and I'm very pleased. For a sub-$400 gun, it is impressive :)

Gun ready to shoot
    IMG_20170520_083137_zpsli72bbkk.jpg

I hesitate to show any targets, cause I'm not that great a shot, but here they are:

IMG_20170520_090920_zpsugv8msig.jpg

IMG_20170520_090254_zpsircpqsrm.jpg

IMG_20170520_085336_zpsfcfhiuda.jpg

One of those sets of two targets was at 10M, the rest were 7M. All in all the gun shot very, very well. Much better than the shooter ;)

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Congrats and nice shooting. I shot the rental TP9SF last week @ the Point Blank and got a chance to dry fire the Elite. Have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at the trigger pull and how much you get for the price point (fiber optics, match grade barrel, solid ergos, etc).

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Congrats and nice shooting. I shot the rental TP9SF last week @ the Point Blank and got a chance to dry fire the Elite. Have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at the trigger pull and how much you get for the price point (fiber optics, match grade barrel, solid ergos, etc).

Shockingly good value, that's for sure. I've put ~300 rounds through it today (just got back from a second range trip, this time with my stepson) and I wish I could go back and run another 300 rounds through it... :yesway:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    How big was your smile WT? and yes, it'll eat up the ammo between the higher capacity mags and the fun you'll be having. If it is like the TP9V2 it'll run fairly dirty too without a hiccup.
    So, tell us. Did you have any FTF, FTE, or stovepipes? Inquiring minds want to know!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    How big was your smile WT? and yes, it'll eat up the ammo between the higher capacity mags and the fun you'll be having. If it is like the TP9V2 it'll run fairly dirty too without a hiccup.
    So, tell us. Did you have any FTF, FTE, or stovepipes? Inquiring minds want to know!

Not a single issue. I had broke the gun down last night and added a bit of lube, but didn't clean it. Ran approximately 250 rounds through it today just fine. Look forward to putting 250 more through it soon :yesway:

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Can't wait to try it out!
    How would you say it stacks up against slightly more expensive Poly/striker fired guns like the PPQ, Glock, M&P, XD, Sig...
    Is the slide cerakoted that gray color or is it some other finish?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Can't wait to try it out!
    How would you say it stacks up against slightly more expensive Poly/striker fired guns like the PPQ, Glock, M&P, XD, Sig...
    Is the slide cerakoted that gray color or is it some other finish?

Yes, according to their website the slide is cerakoted. Looks like it was pretty well done. The fit and finish of the gun seem as well done as any other polymer striker fired guns I have used. The ergos are nice, the trigger is really good and it has pretty sweet sights out of the box. I hear the reliability is also very good. To me, it feels very similar to the PPQ. Maybe not quite as accurate, but close. I like it better than Glocks, M&P's and the P320. Haven't ever shot an XD, so can't compare it. The only "issue" I hae with it is the odd size, it's a full size slide on a compact frame. The slide is a bit shorter than the TP9, but not by much. I'd love for them to come out wiht a true compact size, but for all that it's still an impressive gun. You'll have to catch up with me sometime soon and see for yourself what you think of it :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom