• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    About 100 years ago when the customer was king in the gun industry, Colt made a wide variety of DA revolvers. Left to right, Pocket Positive, Police Positive, Police Positive Special Army Special, and New Service. Hand fitted and assembled by talented workers right here in the USA.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Nice collection, Leadeye. As I get older I appreciate the wheelguns more and have tried to learn about them. I even carry a few of mine occasionally. To date, I don't have any Colts though.

Thanks for sharing.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It would be the Police Positive Special in 32-20, I saw one recently sell for $350 with everything on GB. Nothing wrong with 32-20, but it's a reloader's cartridge, factory ammo is sparse.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Seriously - I volunteer to be an heir to your collection.

I'll hold them and squeeze them and call them my own. :D
    You're to late, I called dibs years ago. :cool:

Some of of the coolest guns I've ever shot belong to Leadeye. He has some real treasures.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Very nice leadeye...I have a "thing" for old Colt's and Smith's from that era...I got a 1914 Colt Police Positive that had zero finish but locks up tight as a drum and the bore is bright and shiny....I put about five coats of G96 cold blue on her and it's (in the words of my grandfather) my "Muhlenburg County Saturday night pocket pal".....(Long story...Our family and another family traded shots at each for about 20 years..My grandfather's uncle and cousin were the last casualties Election Day 1920 or 1924 I believe....Lasted 20 plus years and over three counties....)

"So he murdered someone???"

"No son...It was a killin'......"

"Uh...Okay...."

"By the way if you ever make it down to Grayson County you may want to use another last name..."

"But that was 50 years ago...."

"I know..."

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You're to late, I called dibs years ago. :cool:

Some of of the coolest guns I've ever shot belong to Leadeye. He has some real treasures.

I would add that he is a real treasure. One of the things I have learned through the loss of family members (I am now the oldest surviving man in the family, at least as born into the family rather than marrying in) is that they take so much knowledge to the grave which is either lost or has to be rediscovered. It makes me appreciate people who know a great deal and are willing to share that knowledge both for the enjoyment and the edification of the rest of us.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I would add that he is a real treasure. One of the things I have learned through the loss of family members (I am now the oldest surviving man in the family, at least as born into the family rather than marrying in) is that they take so much knowledge to the grave which is either lost or has to be rediscovered. It makes me appreciate people who know a great deal and are willing to share that knowledge both for the enjoyment and the edification of the rest of us.
    Having met Leadeye a couple of times, I can only agree. He has forgot more about this than I can hope to learn. He is a wealth of knowledge.

Top Bottom