• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I began my project of turning a ruger single 9 in 22 mag into a short barrel, birds head grip rendition of the not so refined Lipseys shop keeper bear cat today. I've done baby projects in the past but this one is a higher end job than I could do alone. I really like the appearance of the ruger bear cat shop keeper but there is very little refinement on that gun. It's got curb appeal but don't get too close. My oldest daughter loves horses and all things related. She isn't afraid to shoot but by itself it doesn't really get her going. So, my hope is to get this cowboy looking gun just right so she'll carry it around and maybe shoot with her daddy. I want to do as much of the work myself as I can. I do not own a mill but will try to access one thru a friend. Because I'm a NICk I'll be essentially following someone else's lead the whole way:

Building the Ultimate .22 Trail Gun

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I began my project of turning a ruger single 9 in 22 mag into a short barrel, birds head grip rendition of the not so refined Lipseys shop keeper bear cat today. I've done baby projects in the past but this one is a higher end job than I could do alone. I really like the appearance of the ruger bear cat shop keeper but there is very little refinement on that gun. It's got curb appeal but don't get too close. My oldest daughter loves horses and all things related. She isn't afraid to shoot but by itself it doesn't really get her going. So, my hope is to get this cowboy looking gun just right so she'll carry it around and maybe shoot with her daddy. I want to do as much of the work myself as I can. I do not own a mill but will try to access one thru a friend. Because I'm a NICk I'll be essentially following someone else's lead the whole way:

Building the Ultimate .22 Trail Gun

I personally, do not like the birds head grip, but I read the article, and it is very interesting .....

Will be checking in, to see your progress .....

Please keep us up to date .....

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I marked the front sight screw hole and the ejector rod housing screw hole and have it at a local shop to be drilled and tapped. I was excited to purchase a hobby mill but it isn't really in my budget. I'll have a couple things done by a local smith and be on my own as much as I can.

I'm told a couple more weeks to completion. Not exactly a quick turn around, but I can't afford the hobby mill right now. Supposed to be $25 to drill and tap a hole.

Top Bottom