• ...and so much more!
  • jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I have a hard time keeping my pants up when I'm NOT carrying. Even worse when carrying.
    I have a big gut pushing my pants down and no ass to hold them up.
    Don't tell me to lose the gut, I'm already trying to do that.
    Suspenders have been tried and I'm not happy with them either.
    I'm thinking of having velcro surgically implanted around my waist.
    Anyone else here have this problem?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Get a pair of pants that fit where they are supposed to, usually right at or just under your belly button. Then get a good belt. I like the Daltech BioBelt.

Lots of guys (I used to be this way) would wear pants that were too small and wear them under their belly. Face the facts and buy a bigger size that fits around your gut. I was really surprised at how much better everything stayed in place when I did this.

(And for the record, I do not have a small backside. This info is from my personal experience. Your results may very.)

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Get a pair of pants that fit where they are supposed to, usually right at or just under your belly button. Then get a good belt. I like the Daltech BioBelt.

Lots of guys (I used to be this way) would wear pants that were too small and wear them under their belly. Face the facts and buy a bigger size that fits around your gut. I was really surprised at how much better everything stayed in place when I did this.

(And for the record, I do not have a small backside. This info is from my personal experience. Your results may very.)

I considered this, but I don't want to look like a dork.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I considered this, but I don't want to look like a dork.

I didn't say up to your nipples, just to your belly button. I'm not sure how you wear yours now. Here is kinda what I'm talking about.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAANwAAAAJDNhMDk0OTE3LWQ4NWEtNDhjZi04ZjM2LTcyZGIyMDY1MTEzZQ.png

I used to be in the "NO" category. Here is me now.

Here is me in all my glory. Pants just under my belly button.

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I know how you feel my Mom whooped my butt clean off as a kid, I carry my Glock-27 IWB under a tight belt.
    Any carry without a tight belt would be quite a show.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I have a hard time keeping my pants up when I'm NOT carrying. Even worse when carrying.
    I have a big gut pushing my pants down and no ass to hold them up.
    Don't tell me to lose the gut, I'm already trying to do that.
    Suspenders have been tried and I'm not happy with them either.
    I'm thinking of having velcro surgically implanted around my waist.
    Anyone else here have this problem?

Ditto.

Don

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Just get proper pants. You will get use to it. And yes try to work out. Stop eating bad. No soda at all and cut back on the sugar. It's a constant battle. I fight it ever day and I'm still over weight but I'm trying. You can do it. Or look at it this way. Do it or die prematurely. That's what I tell myself.

Good luck!

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

THIS

At 22 years old, I made this change. I felt weird and dorky because every male member of my family wore their pants under their belly and most people I knew did as well (except or the bean poles, it was hard to tell if their pants were "high" or not). I got tired of my belt and button on my pants digging into me and my guns always printing because the shape of my body kept pushing the grips outward. But now my pants stay up, I'm much more comfortable carrying, and I don't get self-conscious when I have to bend over or sit down because my underwear/crack are hanging out. It's also made concealment more comfortable. For those blessed with a flat body, they can get away with wearing their pants however they want, but it isn't for everyone.

It also opens up another option for carrying:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...97867-appendix-carry-tactically-padded-3.html

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Been fighting the belly since I was 12 years old, and I am now 66. Like learning, it is a life-long event. Self-control, discipline, exercise, are helpful; but there are the two essential, basic rules.

1. If it tastes good, your can't eat it.
    2. Remember Rule #1.

The good part of it is that it makes death a welcome idea. Anything is better than eating rabbit food, kale, and that other health stuff Mrs. Hussein forced on our kids in the public schools.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom