• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I have always been a glock fan and currently carry a G43, have a G19 as my bedside gun. I started to get an itch for something new to carry and there are so many options. One that has caught my eye is the FNS 9 compact. The look of it seems nice, size look like it might be slightly larger than my G43 I carry. All of the reports I have read say it is awesome quality, accurate with a super nice trigger.

Wondering if anyone has one and could share some info in terms of how reliable it has been and how comfortable it carries IWB.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I love my FNS9c. It has about 1,200 flawless rounds thru it, and it is accurate, reliable, controllable and easily concealed. The trigger out of he box is nice, but it has smoothed out even better. I actually enjoy shooting it more than my FNS9L.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    I loooooove mine. Have about 700 to 900 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. It has eaten 124 gr Federal Eagles, 147 gr Federal HST, & 147 gr Speer Lawman without a hiccup.

It carries like a dream. I carry it in the fall, winter, and early spring. When worn in an Alien Gear IWB, it disappears under a sweatshirt or long sleeved overshirt like a 1\4 zip fleece. It prints a little too much for my tastes when under a t-shirt, so I don't carry it in the summer. Keep in mind it too much for MY taste. It might be a different story for you or others. I like my pistols to completely disappear.

It is more accurate than I am. It points very naturally. When I'm trying, I can get 2" groups at 7-10 yards. Really soft shooter. I like shooting it almost as much as my full size P320.

If I had one gripe, it would be that the stippling ( I think that is what you would call it) or on the grip is really aggressive.

Get it, you won't regret it.

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    I love my FNS9c. It has about 1,200 flawless rounds thru it, and it is accurate, reliable, controllable and easily concealed. The trigger out of he box is nice, but it has smoothed out even better. I actually enjoy shooting it more than my FNS9L.

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

The FNS 9c replaced a Glock 19 as my EDC. I carry the FNS 9c in a StealthGear mini holster.

csprig9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2016
    Southern Indiana
    i have an fns 9 and love it. i wouldve bought at fnc9c if the 509 didnt come out the same time i was looking at it. The new 509 is fantastic and feels even better in the hand then the fns imo. now waiting on a 509 compact

conibear

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Noblesville
    I currently carry a Colt New Agent (45) and was looking to move to a G19. BUT I am really interested in the FNS 9C now. Is there anyone who had the same dilemma? If so, can you help me understand which way you went and why?

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk
    The FNS 9c replaced a Glock 19 as my preferred EDC. The reasons why: 1) I shoot it was well as the G19. 2) Fit and finish is better on the FNS 9c. 3) FNS has a smooth wide trigger and no finger grooves on the frontstrap. 4) Shorter grip and barrel make it more comfortable to carry. 5) Capacity? I carry the FNS 9c with 12-round mag and a 17-round mag backup. 6) Steel sights with a big front dot.

Top Bottom