• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have inherited an I J "arms and cycleworks" hammerless / breakdown / 32 s&w in very original condition. The spring inside the grip is coiled and has a code I88xxx and the trigger gaurd number is 38xxx.
    Am I correct to believe it can fire modern ammunition?
    Can anyone give the production year?
    what is its estimated value @ 90%
    I have the box it is in bad shape and it has the factory instructions and care papers
    thanks for the help.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    $150 retail, early 20th century production....

"You dirty bastard now see what you done...
    You shot my husband with an Iver Johnson gun...
    Now they are taking him back...
    To Washington..."

Whitehouse Blues, traditional string band song ca 1926

In rural Kentucky and Southern Indiana those are known as "Ivry Johnson guns".....

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Ahhhh, the Safety Hammerless model! There used to be an old advertisement for this revolver of two kids handling the pistol with the caption "Don't worry, it's the safety hammerless!" Wow! As mentioned, don't confuse the .32 S&W with .32 S&W Long! They don't work. I found a box of .32 S&W on the IndyGO classifieds. I need to start reloading these. Fun little guns. Some of these shot blackpowder rounds, so that might explain any flaking of the chrome. Original box and paperwork. Great Find!

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    Let me know if you see any ammo come on INGO
    Ahhhh, the Safety Hammerless model! There used to be an old advertisement for this revolver of two kids handling the pistol with the caption "Don't worry, it's the safety hammerless!" Wow! As mentioned, don't confuse the .32 S&W with .32 S&W Long! They don't work. I found a box of .32 S&W on the IndyGO classifieds. I need to start reloading these. Fun little guns. Some of these shot blackpowder rounds, so that might explain any flaking of the chrome. Original box and paperwork. Great Find!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom