• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. I put an add into the Classifieds here for my Victory and will put one in for my .357 Taurus whenever I get around to it,2 after I sell the Victory.
    2. I bought 3 guns from other sites b/c being new I couldn't access the pm for the sellers.
    3. I wondered if I should go to the trouble of using a couple of other sites where I bought from instead of limiting myself to just this site.
    4. In my large car site (S2KCA) and its sister site (S2KI) the prices there were usually high b/c it was a "captive" audience, and you could do better just going on Craigslist.
    5. I'd just as soon deal with checking on only 1 site, but I thought I'd ask as a newbie if I should advertise on other sites also.
    Thanks!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I prefer this forum and another branded forum as it is somewhat less anonymous and far less scam-filled. I've not ever had a bad deal from a members only forum.

While I have had decent luck with Armslist; it is a royal pain in the rear. Have to weed through scammers, tire kickers, trades for used mattresses and people that probably shouldn't own firearms. I refuse to do any deal on Armslist that doesn't include ID and a Bill of Sale. While anyone can rightfully refuse those terms; when it comes to a private firearms transfer, I want to be able to answer any question the ATF may ask if they knock on my door! Buyer/Seller beware!

Gunbroker has been good for a few purchases but I've not sold one through them.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. I have someone who wants to buy from this site already, just a matter of getting together since I'm too busy this week to travel with the last week of school.
    2. He sounds about my age, so I don't think he's spinning my wheels.
    3. At the price I'm asking: not a worry.
    4. I'll probably have much harder time selling my .357 Taurus (model 64 I think) for $275, but it does come with holster, shells, and original box.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I used to buy/sell on armslist before I got into INGO. Now, there is no way I would ever buy or sell a gun on anywhere but INGO. Too many BSers, scammer, criminals on armslist/backpage, etc. That being said, you are dealing with a more savvy buyer here on INGO so your pricing better be right and you might have trouble selling undesirable guns.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. I mentioned in different thread that I had that I was going to sell a .357 Taurus after I sold my Victory and I've had 2 inquiries about it already.
    2. I told both of them I just can't deal with both ads this week, too much going on to drive anywhere to make the deal.
    3. Friday last day of work for 6 weeks, so: flexibility! (if you don't count son's wedding, vacation with wife, and normal summer time behaviors involving out of town, like in my case, a car drive in Marietta, OH with the Honda S2000 with the S2KCA car club).

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    For me it depends on what I'm selling. If I'm selling a firearm that is common and moderately priced INGO is a good option. I have found Gunbroker to be the way to go for less common/higher priced items.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I have bought and sold some stuff on here and had exclusively good experiences.

I would be concerned about what kind of psychopaths I would meet off of places like armslist.

At least I can generally get a pretty good idea of what kind of psychopath I am dealing with on here.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I have bought and sold some stuff on here and had exclusively good experiences.

I would be concerned about what kind of psychopaths I would meet off of places like armslist.

At least I can generally get a pretty good idea of what kind of psychopath I am dealing with on here.
    I believe we met in a parking lot deal once. :D

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Hoosier topics and back page are sketchy. You might get lucky on HT if you live in SW IN, 10-20% of the guys on there seem like good guys.
    Armslist has always been very up and down especially as of late. If you have any sort of pistol priced under $300-350 on armslist be careful because you really start drawing out the shady characters.
    Of course gunbroker is like eBay, it's nice to check ratings and feedback.
    INGO classifieds are like buying/selling guns with friends...you won't find a gun forum as good as INGO because there isn't one.

Last edited:

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Hoosier topics and back page are sketchy. You might get lucky on HT if you live in SW IN, 10-20% of the guys on there seem like good guys.
    Armslist has always been very up and down especially as of late. If you have any sort of pistol priced under $300-350 on armslist be careful because you really start drawing out the shady characters.
    INGO classifieds are like buying/selling guns with friends...you won't find a gun forum as good as INGO because there isn't one.

This. Beyond that... Everyone here knows the DL/Pink Card rules here. +2 (TWO) for Tyler!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. I will put my new .357 ad only on here b/c of your input.
    2. I did sell my Victory through backpage.com and got responses from a guy older than me and a 40ish something guy, both solid people.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    1. I will put my new .357 ad only on here b/c of your input.
    2. I did sell my Victory through backpage.com and got responses from a guy older than me and a 40ish something guy, both solid people.

I just saw your ad.
    Nice little revolver.
    Looks to me like it's a model 605, which s a J-frame.

I have 2 of the same type.
    One is like yours, a 5-shot 605 .357mag, except mine is titanium.
    The other is the identical J-frame, but it is a 6-shot .327fed/mag.

You've got it listed at a good price.
    It won't be long before someone here snatches it up.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tmixon
    Top Bottom