• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdb321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2016
    LaFontaine
    I got a call from Denny on Wed. afternoon that my SSR was finished. I told him I would be there Thurs. morning. I didn't think he could do a better job than what he did on the 640 pro but I was wrong. The 640 ended up with a 10 pound trigger pull. The SSR ended up at 9 pounds 13 ounces. And that's with stock springs. He is now doing a deluxe action job on my wife's 638. That man is truly a master gunsmith!!! He also installed a set of Metpro night sights to be similar to the 640 pro sights. I feel those two revolvers are perfect! All I need to do now is get my reloading supplies, start reloading .357 mags and shoot the heck out of both them!!!! View attachment 56439 View attachment 56438

sdb321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2016
    LaFontaine
    He doesn't like lighter springs. Denny has been to armor school three times learning the trade. If it isn't a Smith spring it shouldn't be there.

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    When at Sand Burr Gun Ranch, do as Denny does and you will be in good shape. He is one of the best.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    His services are second to none. He has serviced my Smith's before and I have no complaints. He is in his late 60's or early 70's now, I am not sure how much longer he will be doing it for.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Denny is "da man" when it comes to S&W revolvers. I've had him do my 686, 27 and 29 and the actions are as smooth as melted butter. He is truly a master working on these revolvers. I, too, am concerned that age may be catching up to Denny. I can only hope he goes on doing what he does so well for a long, long time.

Last edited:

sdb321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2016
    LaFontaine
    He is still "going strong". Just had cataract surgery and was leaving soon for a match in Michigan. I think he said the last time was 30 or 40 years ago. He is "the man" and is a hoot to be around!!!!

Top Bottom