• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just throwing out a feeler here.
    I got a call from a friend today, a very excited friend.
    He found what he believes is an authentic Civil War era Remington cap and ball pistol.

Another friend, who is more learned about these things than myself agrees with my buddy.
    I will get a look at it tomorrow, and I can get a good description with all markings.

I'm just trying to find some information for him.
    If anyone thinks they may be able to help, I'll happily put you in touch with my buddy.

I don't mind being a liaison, but I feel I'd probably be more of a hindrance than help.

Please pm me, or post in this thread if you may be willing/able to help identify a relic.

Thanks Ingo

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I suggest contacting the Frazier Museum in Louisville. I bet they either can take a look at it or recommend someone who can. The museum is awesome, so this might be a good excuse to check it out. When I was there, I saw one of George Washington's muskets. It was humbling.

[h=3]Research Requests:[/h]The Curatorial staff is available to answer inquiries about arms and armor, militaria and related material. Staff members cannot undertake extensive research, but will, within reasonable limits, provide information about artifacts when our knowledge and resources permit. Please anticipate a minimum turnaround time of two weeks for a research request.
    If you would like to meet with a member of the Curatorial staff in person, you must make an appointment in advance. Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
    To submit a research inquiry or arrange an appointment, call (502) 753-5671 or email Curator of Collections Zachary Distel at zdistel@fraziermuseum.org.

Top Bottom