• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Not sure if this belongs here or in the accessories forum. Please move if this is the wrong one.

Has anyone heard anything about the new holster from Alien Gear? It is called the Shapeshifter and is a modular holster that comes with four carry options: IWB, OWB paddle, OWB slide, and appendix. Looks cool, but rather salty. Not sure if it is worth the money.

Here's the link to it --> http://aliengearholsters.com/shapeshift-modular-holster-system.html

Last edited:

RiNo6589

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2017
    Northeast indiana
    Hell, I spent 80 on my Galco OWB leather holster, I would have to say, if its freedom of placement you crave, then you are spending the extra $$ to combine 4 holsters into one.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Actually, price isn't bad considering the box o parts you get. That being said, shouldn't you just find what works and stick with it? I have a vision of the parts sitting in the box on a shelf in the closet for 95% of people after a week.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow. That would be the most expensive holster I ever bought, but it sure is tempting.

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    Actually, price isn't bad considering the box o parts you get. That being said, shouldn't you just find what works and stick with it? I have a vision of the parts sitting in the box on a shelf in the closet for 95% of people after a week.

True. I don't foresee me replacing any of my current systems, but this might be in the running for my next pistol. As for parts on the shelf, there are times that I want a different carry method do to clothes, circumstances, etc.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I think it is a neat idea, that being said most people are going to find the method they prefer to carry the firearm in and never change it again. So with that being said it would be a good option to help someone find the carry method that works best for them, then once they find what they like they can get a dedicated holster for that carry method that does it better. The overall package also looks pretty "wide" when the attachment points are added as well. Plus it is using their junky injected molded plastic for the holsters which I hate as it is unnecessarily abrasive to the finish of my firearms. Also no one look up what say a Milt Sparks holster costs, that is the best IWB holster IMHO only downside is the wait time.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

Words of wisdom. Would be great for the new carrier who isn't sure what will fit best with their lifestyle.

When I'm getting ready the last thing my wife would want to hear is"oh just a sec I'm to fat to iwb in these pants" while running to grab tools. It's probably a great holster going by their reputation but I'll stick with my tight fitting high riding dedicated owb.

Plus I buy and sell to often to feel right about putting a good pistol down my pants. Lol

Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    Definitely looks interesting. I have been using one of their cloak tuck 2.0 holsters for a couple years and sometimes wish I had other holsters for different carry positions but don't really want to invest in a new holster for that once in a while whim to carry differently. This would appear to be the answer for that.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Looks very bulky and wide. I have a box of holsters. The two I run are a Bravo Company OWB, and a safariland if I need to go IWB. I now just wear a big enough shirt and go OWB.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    was thing about a serpa for my 320, might put it off, and buy one of these when they start making them

Top Bottom