• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I bought this one this morning, and am taking it to the range in the morning.

This M9A1 is one of a few of my "Holy Grail" guns, and I finally bought one. ;)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Congrats that's one fine looking blaster! I've been wearing a 92fs out lately and having a ball, love the 92! Go ahead and order a D spring, some extra mags, then plenty of ammo. Lube it well and shoot the snot out of it, I find they like 124 grain real nice. :)

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Congratulations. That was my first ever pistol. My son's also. To echo a previous poster, get a D hammer spring. Helps trigger pull immensely.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Congrats that's one fine looking blaster! I've been wearing a 92fs out lately and having a ball, love the 92! Go ahead and order a D spring, some extra mags, then plenty of ammo. Lube it well and shoot the snot out of it, I find they like 124 grain real nice. :)
    Yeah, always wanted one. I have a lot of handguns, but did not have this Beretta. It was either the 92 INOX (30 dollars more), or the M9A1. I went with the M9, due to the fact that I was in the Military....a long time ago, right on the tail end of the 1911 era! Lol

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Congratulations. That was my first ever pistol. My son's also. To echo a previous poster, get a D hammer spring. Helps trigger pull immensely.
    I felt the DA trigger was heavy, guess around 9 pounds, but I tend to like heavy triggers. My G19, at 5.5 pounds, feels like a "hair" trigger to me. I will look into that spring though, thanks for the information! :)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Yeah, always wanted one. I have a lot of handguns, but did not have this Beretta. It was either the 92 INOX (30 dollars more), or the M9A1. I went with the M9, due to the fact that I was in the Military....a long time ago, right on the tail end of the 1911 era! Lol

I would have made your choice as well, superb pistol.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The 92 series can really spoil you. Like the others said, the D spring is a great replacement. I can't understand why Beretta doesn't just make that spring standard across the board.

As to the trigger, they get better with use. After a few good range trips that trigger will feel like you spent a lot of money on a trigger job. That smooth!

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    iqg30z.jpg
    [/IMG]
    I just got my brigadier 92g in this week it is amazing. Have not got it out yet because I'm currently on vacation.:):

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Beautiful gun!
    I love my 92, I carried a m9 for 4 years. I saw them trashed, used as a hammer (empty). So much stuff. Military use m9's get a bad rep because of things like this. After all this, they still worked, imagine a brand new, well cared for m9!

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Don't let the haters tell you otherwise. The Beretta 92 is. Fine handgun and despite what some think a DA/SA can be shot fast and we'll. I carried a M9 and taught it in the USAF and have used and taught officers on a 92 DAO. They work and work.

The 92D DAO has a smooth lighter pull than a stock 92 DA/SA so I concur. Add a D spring.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Clean it, lube it and shoot it! The more you shoot it the smoother it gets. My 92FS Inox is a great shooter and we've competed with it to great success. Most friends who have a 92 agree that the pistols like 124 grn loads. I reload for it with 124 grn bullets virtually duplicating NATO spec and mine shoots great. Enjoy!

South Bender

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    South Bend
    I think I'd take the M9A1 over all of them, even the 92A1. You can't really put a fiber optic on a 92 anyway, so who cares if the front site is removable.

Top Bottom