• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Just saw this earlier via a Ruger newsroom email announcement. I must say I completely agree with your thoughts and take on this. I also think the GP100 MC would be a really sweet looker in 3" format, especially if it had a tapered underlug like a 3" 66.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Exactly, just what matches do you run an SP101 in?
    Unless the MC means it received a little more careful hand fitting at the factory, something akin to S&W "pro series" maybe.

Aside from the grips I see no difference between this and a regular 4.2 inch SP101.
    [now that I read it, looks like it's polished and shimmed, big deal.]

Just seems like they're slapping a name on it to slap a name on it.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I don't care if they call it a lunchtime snack champion, it's a beautiful revolver and I want it.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Just saw this earlier via a Ruger newsroom email announcement. I must say I completely agree with your thoughts and take on this. I also think the GP100 MC would be a really sweet looker in 3" format, especially if it had a tapered underlug like a 3" 66.

You're asking for the Wiley Clapp GP100

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    You're asking for the Wiley Clapp GP100
    Yes, you are exactly right, I don't know why I forgot about the WC edition! Although I *think* the Wiley Clapp version doesn't have the hammer shims and some of the trigger/action polishing that the Match Champion does... but the WC has a bead blast finish and nice sights. What I think would be a bit more Match Champion-like is a partial underlug, whereas the 3" GP100 has a full underlug like a S&W 686.

There's also the WC SP101, but I don't think it has the action job done to it like the new MC SP101 either.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom