• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Solars77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2017
    Hobart
    I sold my first firearm today. I used this to cover my butt.
    Buyer certifies that they are not restricted or forbidden by law to own a firearm and buyer states that he/she:
    • Has NEVER been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year.
    • Is NOT a fugitive from justice.
    • Is NOT an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance.
    • Has NEVER been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution.
    • Is NOT an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United states or an alien admitted to the United states under a nonimmigrant visa.
    • Has NOT been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
    • Having been a citizen of the United states, has NEVER renounced his or her citizenship.
    • Is NOT subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner.
    • Has NOT been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
    • CAN lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm.
    • Is NOT a person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year.
    I truthfully state that I AM NOT a person who cannot legally buy, receive, and posses firearms and/or ammunition.

Should this cover me?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I do something much simpler but what ever makes you comfortable. Every gun I have sold to an individual has been purchased new from an FFL. I have actually had a couple of guys on INGO tell me they want a gun with "no paper trail". Sorry buyer, there is a paper trail leading to me and it isn't going to stop at me when the gun is gone. I ask for IN ID and LTCH and each of us gets a copy of a receipt. You don't wanta' do that, you don't buy my gun. :dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. When I finally stopped laughing, I would have walked away.

Agreed. Im not above flashing my pink permission slip if the seller wants to feel more comfy, but thats it.

If my buyer's actions/behavior make my spidey senses tingle, I might ask the same. Mr ATF comes knocking looking for one of my prior guns, "sorry, I sold it to an INGOer. I think his name there was __________ . Good luck, have a nice day."

If you feel you need that much CYA, maybe selling a gun in a private transaction isnt for you. There are lots of shops that will sell on consignment for you and take care of all that paperwork for you.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Did the buyer KNOW s/he was being videotaped and actually acquiesce to that requirement?? [STRIKE]Also, I'm just curious as to why you're telling us about your BOS? Were you wanting to see if anyone else takes a similar approach? Were you wondering if you went too far?[/STRIKE]

Last edited:

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I sold my first firearm today. I used this to cover my butt.
    Buyer certifies that they are not restricted or forbidden by law to own a firearm and buyer states that he/she:
    • Has NEVER been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year.
    • Is NOT a fugitive from justice.
    • Is NOT an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance.
    • Has NEVER been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution.
    • Is NOT an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United states or an alien admitted to the United states under a nonimmigrant visa.
    • Has NOT been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions.
    • Having been a citizen of the United states, has NEVER renounced his or her citizenship.
    • Is NOT subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner.
    • Has NOT been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
    • CAN lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm.
    • Is NOT a person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year.
    I truthfully state that I AM NOT a person who cannot legally buy, receive, and posses firearms and/or ammunition.

Should this cover me? I also have video of the whole transaction.
    psyko

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Before I close this duplicate thread I have to say that if you do all of this for a simple sale I to would walk away. Rapidly.
    If you video me without my permission it will get ugly.....rapidly.
    If you are this paranoid in selling OI suggest you trade at an LGS. Just saying.

In this I usually do not buy/sell/trade outside of Ingo and a tight circle of friends. It is very relaxing as you have little issues vetting Ingo members.

Now, I need to go over to the other thread and read it.

Solars.....just 1 thread per topic please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom