• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    I bought my first Glock about 2 years ago, I now have a total of 5. I shoot almost 100% reloads, except for "proofing" my carry ammo. Of the thousands of rounds I have fired through them, I have had one jam/failure to feed, and that was when I had my Lone Wolf barrel in my G20. With the OEM barrels I've had no problems. I have done nothing to them except for Talon grips and sights. (except for the LW barrel, wihich I no longer use.)

So many people seem to have so many problems with their Glocks, guess I'm doing something wrong.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    [video=youtube;uuL6cJPz3Nk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6cJPz3Nk[/video]

The only appropriate response to the statement "Glocks are Perfection"

gwingo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Indysub
    I don't care for the stock Glock sights. I prefer three dots. Coincidentally, I just had the stock sights on my 26 swapped out today for three dot night sights.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Hardly perfection, especially stock. The finger grooves don't fit well, they like to spit brass in your face, the trigger is like fondling Sponge Bob, the factory sights are complete crap, butt ugly and no style at all. This is coming from someone who currently owns 4 G19s, a 21 & a 30, and has sold or traded over 20 more since I bought my first one back in 91. Back then they were unique and easier to carry and operate than many other guns. Today, there are better options for the same or slightly more money. IMO Glock has fallen behind and needs to innovate.

They do work though, but I did tweak them all to make them work a little better for us.

All of them have 3.5# connectors with the 8# springs. This gives them about the same trigger weight as the normal guns without feeling so mushy.
    All of them have smooth faced triggers, extended slide stops and steel guide rods installed. None of them have the crap sights.
    The Gen2 19 is unchanged other than that and flawless, best of the herd.
    The other 3 Gen3 19's have Apex extractors and gen4 ejectors. Without those 2 pieces all 3 guns spit brass in the shooters face.

Unless Glock comes out with either a carbine or a single stack G19 then I probably won't be adding any more to the stable. I'll spend a little extra and get a PPQ or another M&P first. There are too many other choices out there now.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    My Glock 42 doesn't like weak bulk fmj ammo, so I've had ftfs and ftes with regularity. It shoots hotter carry loads 100%, though. My other Glocks have all been 100%. The 42, though, has a rep for being finiky. Glock did tell me they'd fix it if I send it to them, though.

My 100% flawless Glocks include 43, 19, 17, and 20 (including a Glock 40 MOS slide that I occasionally use on the Glock 20 frame.)

I have had other handguns that have been 100%, too, including a host of Rugers, a Remington R1, and a Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical. The Glocks have earned their place as my CCW guns. I have high confidence in them.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Wonderful guns they are. Put at least 400 rounds down range last night through two different Glocks. I too have had zero issues what so ever from them. I don't even clean them real often. They are bullet launching machines.

My first experience was with a barrowed G21 to shoot a match with. After that my gun collection hit the classy adds. Glock is it for me now. Plain utility. Love it!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I can't say I've never had a malfunction but generally they are caused by ammo issues. Sights and trigger can be improved which I have done on anything I own but reliability and accuracy has never been an issue for anything I've had. OP, not sure what you call shooting a lot but if you shoot what I call a lot you can depend on having a hard primer or other ammo issue sporadically. NOT perfection but hard to best for reliability and mechanical simplicity.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    I don't understand this habit people have of owning dozens of Glocks. I mean, once you own one, haven't you owned them all?

Glocks are the gun equivalent to a Toyota Camry. They are nothing special, but are reliable and of you take care of it, they will run forever. Both are pretty boring and give an uninspired experience. But, they'll get the intended job done.

Top Bottom