• ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    ByVAADc.jpg (click it and it grows)

I traded my CETME MARS for these plus a rifle and some cash. (remember it was a MARS import, not a Century CETME). The 9's are a Kareen (Israeli made HI Power Clone), a Bulgarian made Argus 90 and a Canik TP9. Anyone shot any of these or know much about them? Know where I can get magazines for them (other than the Hi Power as I have a Belgian and the mags for it fit the Israeli too)?

I haven't gotten out to shoot these or the rifle yet but hope to after the 4th of July. I would appreciate any information on these any of you have. They are all in great condition though they have been used. The previous owner told me he never had any trouble and I trust him as I know him and have for a while, not our first deal. So LMK what you think of them and if you can give me any info, post it up as I would like to know a little more than I do about these pistols.

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I don't know anything about any of them, but I believe you can find reviews of at least the TP9 on YouTube (can't find you the links at the moment), and probably others reviewing the other two.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've owned an Arcus 98DA (another High Power clone) and have heard nothing but good things about the Kareen (can't really go wrong with a High Power clone IMHO). Never handled one of the Canik TP9s, (Walther clone) but I do like my Canik Stingray. (CZ clone). I traded the Arcus, and quickly had seller's/trader's remorse. It was a great shooter and like your Kareen, worked with High Power mags. Barring anything unusual (or just personal taste in ergonomics), I think you'll probably like them all.

My Arcus...

mgdiaz1993

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    Owned the Canik TP9 for a while, used to be my favorite budget gun, but since price has gone up, they've been edged out. Pretty decent reliability wise, was never much a fan of the finish(on any canik for that matter) or the sights. But in the 1k ish rounds i put through mine, it went bang every time. Mags are more available now, but on the pricey side. Check centerfiresystems.com for extras

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I purchased a Kareen from Aim Surplus and the trigger was very heavy. I installed a Cylinder & Slide wide trigger, hammer-sear and safety for a lighter cleaner trigger pull. It is a good High Power clone.

BigbadT

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    What you have is a TP9SF. It is a single action 9mm handgun of pure accuracy and simplicity of firing. Its my favorite 9mm in terms of reliability,accuracy, re-acquisition of target after firing and gun hold. I have let all my friends shoot one of the several I have and they all shoot it better than there own carry guns. Its a fun and accurate gun worth well over double its asking price if you were to compare it to another. It comes with 2 different palm swells so I hope you got them both, depending on your hand size and hold one or the other works best. Magazines are pretty available now. If you don't like it after you have shot it pm if you want to sell it. I can always use another one.

zsm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have experience with both the Arcus 94 and Kareen.

The Kareen is a renamed FEG. Solid guns and almost all parts will interchange with the hi power with some fitting. Some say they are of less quality than the FN; they are a bit roughly finished. Myself, in many cases, I prefer them as they do not seem to have the same sear/hammer issues. Im guessing it may be because they are not cast like newer FN hipowers are. FEGs have a forged frame just like the older hipowers so keep that in mind..

Arcus is a hidden gem. They are interchangable with hi powers too. Super stout frames and can handle whatever you put through it. Not as pretty as a FN, but it is also a arguably better handgun in many ways.

Make sure to do all the checks associated with hi powers, especially the click test.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    What you have is a TP9SF. It is a single action 9mm handgun of pure accuracy and simplicity of firing. Its my favorite 9mm in terms of reliability,accuracy, re-acquisition of target after firing and gun hold. I have let all my friends shoot one of the several I have and they all shoot it better than there own carry guns. Its a fun and accurate gun worth well over double its asking price if you were to compare it to another. It comes with 2 different palm swells so I hope you got them both, depending on your hand size and hold one or the other works best. Magazines are pretty available now. If you don't like it after you have shot it pm if you want to sell it. I can always use another one.

4yrs and 1 post. Should read up on the rules........... otherwise I like your Argus looks to me to be battle tested.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    There is a thread on the TP9 here with some good info. Natchez Shooters Supply had mags for a reasonable price recently.

You have the Elite S model which is exactly the same to the ones in the thread linked, but comes with a trigger lock made for some .gov contracts. I really like my Elite. After shooting it for a bit, there are some similarities with the PPQ, though the PPQ still feels better ergonomically IMHO

Top Bottom