• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nightjunio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a very dumb question for you guys who are knowledgeable in sig. I have a Sigg 226 MK 25 version that I've had for quite a while and I love it recently a buddy of mine told me he'd sell me his 226 made in Germany dated 1989. What is the Big difference in these two guns. From the pictures that I have seem they look very similar, but some other forms of talks about holster issues can someone please help educate me

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    "German" Sigs have carbon steel slides that are folded. Newer Sigs have stainless steel slides that are milled. That results in a stronger and more corrosion resistant slide, but one that is heavier.

Older Sigs have internal extractors. Newer ones have external extractors. The Mk25 has a "short" external extractor, most new ones have the "long" extractor. There are differences in maintenance schedules and some believe differences in reliability. Otherwise, largely cosmetic.

Older Sigs do not have a rail. Newer ones tend to. The mk25 has a different rail than other Sigs. Any holster that will fit your Mk25 will fit a "German" Sig. Not always true in the other direction.

Top Bottom