• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shootandreload

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2017
    FRANKLIN
    Hello I am new so I hope this is posted in proper forum. I am considering purchasing a 300 blackout pistol from palmetto state armory with a 8.5 inch barrel. Wondering if anyone has any experience with palmetto state and how is the quality? This will soon be a host for saker 762 suppressor. Thanks in advance.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I can only speak about the premium line, everything I had purchased from them has worked just like advertise and have got them for a great price.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    positive experience with them as well.. kinda.

Wanted a 9mm AR. They sell the uppers and lowers so fast they cant/wont sell a full rifle. I literally bought my full PSA AR-9 in the course of 36 hours. One morning I got an email alert the lower I wanted was a available so I bought it. The following afternoon the upper came available so I bought that too.

Since it wasnt a matched pair they couldn't see that the billet lower was milled with the bolt catch pin .6mm too low, resulting in a catch that doesnt function properly. Given that this is an economy, entry level weapon, I'm not upset. I got what I paid for. They made a minor mistake. If it was something like a Daniel Defense I'd be mad as hell; for that money I expect perfection. But as long as they are willing to fix their error, I',m good.

What made it good for me is when I figured out what was wrong, (not the exact root cause, just that it wouldnt work) I called customer service and they were up front with me. "look. Since we dont know exactly what is wrong, since it is functional and you are wanting to use it this summer, hang onto it. Right now due to supply issues with proprietary parts we could have it for 4 months or more. Play with it all summer. In October or so call us back and the backlog should be cleared. If so we can gladly arrange for an RMA and get it turned around quicker for you. There just is no sense sending it now for it just to sit here waiting for parts."

Now that I know what is wrong specifically (I took measurements after the call) and the upper seems to be the suppy issue, I'll call them next week after the ACC carbine match and see about swapping out the lowers. The lowers seem to be somewhat readily available.

Other than my defect, I'm VERY happy with their service and products. Its a decent gun, and works well. As long as you understand its a budget product and not a precision product, you should be OK.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    They're a fine entry level gun. You can drop in a good trigger and BCG and have a decent weapon.
    Their shipping is slow, be aware that it will probably take around 3 weeks from the time you place your order.

Shootandreload

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2017
    FRANKLIN
    Yep,I guess I missed the boat on this one. They will probably have them back in Stock next week. I guess I researched to long. But thanks for the advice and opinions .

DieselGizmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2015
    Richmond
    Its a serendipitous moment that I am looking for something, have the money available for that something and PSA actually has it in stock. Ya have to strike quick or put it on your watch list so you can be alerted to the need to act really fast.

I've ordered a few things from Palmetto in the past and I am totally happy with their stuff. Shipping was a bit slow on one order but it still got to my door in less than two weeks when it was all said and done.

DG

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    If you want it and you would like to possibly get it at a discount you need to constantly watch the website yourself. You can put it on a wish list and they will notify you when it's in stock,....but only at the regular price. If it comes up on sale you won't find out about it until the sale is over,....or at least that's been my experience. It's happened more than once or twice so I suspect it's intentional. Makes sense from the perspective that the wish list indicates a willing buyer at the regular price but I would think it might be better to sell off the wish list BEFORE cutting the price, but maybe they aren't that organized.

I've ordered many times and always been happy with the product. Delivery has always been in the 1-2 week range.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have a 20" 5.56 upper on my INGO build. No problems with it at all. Matter of fact I was hitting 16" steel at 500 yards with it last weekend.

Top Bottom