• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I am considering adding the Magpul magwell to my Gen 3 Glocks. However, I am also looking at changing my floor plates over to Vickers Tactical floor plates to make it easier to rip out a mag if I have a type 3 malfunction.

Has anyone tried this combo? The Vickers floor plates are quite a bit wider than the factory Glock ones to give someone a sizable ledge to grab onto. I am curious to see if the floor plates will clear with the Magpul Magwell. But I don't want to dump the cash and find out it doesn't work either.

Has anyone tried other magwells with the Vickers Tactical floor plates?

I have also seen the 10-8 floor plates. They seem to have good reviews from what I have seen, but are not much bigger than the factory ones. But they do have a scalloped front edge to assist with ripping the mag out. But I am not sure that they help enough compared to the factory ones to be worth the bother of switching them out.

Are there any other floor plates you would suggest? Especially ones that would work well with a Glock magwell.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

I am not looking at adding rounds to my mags. And even if I use the +0 floor plates, $30 per floor plate is not affordable for me right now considering I have 20 mags that I will need to update. Taran makes great product, but that is not what I am looking to do.

I just ran the numbers out of curiosity and using the Taran floor plates would cost me $600! :n00b: Using the Vickers Tactical or 10-8 floor plates at $3-$4 a piece is far more affordable.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Without sounding too much like a smartass, I have trouble understanding the viability of a magwell or floor plates to accommodate on a carry Glock.

Maybe I just carried a 1911 for too long, but the stock Glock setup seems plenty easy and fast to reload. That wide hole is way simple to hit most every time with the tapered top of the mag.

I am very hesitant to add anything extra to the hardest part of the gun to hide under concealment. :dunno:

Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Without sounding too much like a smartass, I have trouble understanding the viability of a magwell or floor plates to accommodate on a carry Glock.

Maybe I just carried a 1911 for too long, but the stock Glock setup seems plenty easy and fast to reload. That wide hole is way simple to hit most every time with the tapered top of the mag.

I am very hesitant to add anything extra to the hardest part of the gun to hide under concealment. :dunno:

To late, you already set yourself up for that. Please quote the section of the OP that stated these Glocks were for concealed carry.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    To late, you already set yourself up for that. Please quote the section of the OP that stated these Glocks were for concealed carry.

Actually you are late to the game. It's well known that I am a smart ass. ;)

My opinion is still the same. How many tenths can you shave off of your reloads with all the extra parts vs just practicing until you can't get it wrong?

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Actually you are late to the game. It's well known that I am a smart ass. ;)

My opinion is still the same. How many tenths can you shave off of your reloads with all the extra parts vs just practicing until you can't get it wrong?

So...in other words, you have nothing of value to add to the OP. Understood...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So...in other words, you have nothing of value to add to the OP. Understood...

Oh, I don't know? :dunno:

What is your time worth to research what some would call unnecessary equipment? Adding bulk, complexity and $ to your gun without adding overall worth? What about others reading this considering similar investments, what about the value to them?

Then there is the other end of this argument. What if my posted opinions trigger attention that this thread would have never received? What if seasoned professionals and grandmaster shooters chime in to say the Vickers stuff is to die for and no Glock should be without them?

I'd call my posts in this thread beyond adding value to it. I'd call them priceless.

No charge sir. You are welcome. ;)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

I actually agree with this, but didn't bother posting it because I find that people don't want to hear the negative of anything, and that is usually what I am full of.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I run the vickers base plates on my EDC G19. No fancy speed magwell though. They do offer a nice design to rip the mag out if needed. Usually the mag won't drop free if there's a double feed

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I run the vickers base plates on my EDC G19. No fancy speed magwell though. They do offer a nice design to rip the mag out if needed. Usually the mag won't drop free if there's a double feed

Thank you for a reply that actually had useful information!

Do you find that the extra width from the Vickers Floorplates causes your gun to print easier when carrying?

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I just got official word from Magpul about the combo in the thread title.....

------ Original message------
    Date: Fri, 7/21/2017 1:37 PM
    To: Jason Mankey;
    Subject:Magpul Case #48315 CRM:0003767

Jason,
    Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately our magwells will not work with the Vickers.

Please let me know if you need anything else.  

Customer Comment/Question:
    Will the Gen 3 Glock 19 Magwell ( MAG940 ) work with the Vickers Tactical Magazine Floor Plates?

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    So I guess I am going to pass on the magwell. But I do like the idea of the Vickers floor plates so that I can rip my mags out easier. This would help with double feeds. Other reviews that I have read said others like how it makes getting the mags out of carriers easier as well.

Has anyone else run the Vickers Tactical Floor Plates? What pros and cons have you found when using them?

Top Bottom