• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am well aware that there will be many Glockers telling me the best is a Glock. I am not a Glock Fan so I will await the others. :)

In your opinion, what is the best 9mm handgun? Why?

I now have 17 9mm handguns, even a couple 9mm revolvers. I just bought myself an FNS-9 and I feel it to be one of the best 9mm's I own. I would like to get myself the best of the best but so far, IDK what that would be. I know my LGS would give me a good price on whatever firearm I want so now I am asking :ingo:, what should I get?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Define best. Best can mean a lot of different things to different people.

Most accurate? Most durable? Most ergonomic? Easiest to carry?

The HK VP 9 is one of the most natural feeling and accurate handguns I've ever shot. But the European style mag release and concerns about its reliability mean I'm not seriously considering it for a carry gun.

So for me it's best in a couple categories but falls short in others.

And yes, I carry a Glock 19. Does it feel great in my hand? No. But I shoot it well enough and it shines in other categories, so I consider it the best for me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Hmmm.... I assume we are not talking about carrying it. I really like the Sig P226. I would put the CZ75B up pretty high on the list. The wife really liked it as well. Sentimentally, I will always like the Browning HP.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wilson Combat ......... I would probably go with the Elite Professional

NightHawk LadyHawk or one of the more macho equivalents.

Browning HiPower

For Craptastic Plastic I cast a vote for the Walther PPQ. But I am a Glock fan at heart.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    OK, I will define best now….

Most accurate and feels good in hand (I know that one is very subjective). I have large hands and many of today's guns seem to be made for those with smaller hands. So I would want to be able to get some grips that fit and would be able to replace what comes with the gun which is also not done much apparently. IDK about the number of rounds, I have plenty of guns with many rounds. I want a nice shooter and have considered a nice 9mm 1911 since I love the 1911's I have too.

I hope that helps, if not ask me and I will reply again.

I am also able to carry a full sized handgun concealed so who knows? maybe I will carry it?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    1911!!!!!! I still think the S&W Pro Series with the external extractor is a Best Buy. Springfield ROs are nice but I don't think that company is in business anymore.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I really love my Tanfoglio witness elite. Reliable, accurate, and feels great.....to me. Whats great for someone else, may be no good for you. In 9mm i also have a gen4 g19 and a px4. Shoot those great too and both very reliable too, but always find myself shooting the witness the most

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    I have a M&P 9c, and just traded yesterday for a 2.0, I like the feel of the M&P, and the 9c has been 100% reliable. Having said that, they dont hold a candle to my 9mm Range Officer. So I would say for shooting pleasure, 1911 hands down. Now which 1911 will be up to you, lol.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    Well this is what I like. The CZ 75 shadow, the grips are like a 1911 feel love the palm swell fits like a glove. Also I am all about steel and wood feel.
    My RO 9 mm is outstanding it's a 1911 enough said. So take this for what it's worth. Just not a fan of plastic guns I do not shoot them well

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I love steel and wood too. As I said, I have 17, which I went to count and found I have 19 9mm handguns including two revolvers.
    I have a few Sigs, P226 among them and a few Hi Powers and clones, including and old Hi Power from way back. Have the older M&P but not he new.

I have a lot of these and if you think you know the best of them, TELL ME WHY TOO. Don't just post a brand and model. Please?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Semi-Custom 1911 because fit and finish and the trigger. Oh boy that trigger!!!! And thin grips. Remember when you were in high school and got to second base for the first time.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    In my mind, the best 9mm is the one that,

A: Reliably goes bang every time I pull the booger-hook
    B: Fits my hand (grip) and carry method
    C: Accurately delivers rounds to the designated target
    D: Fits my budget
    E: Is within reach
    F: Is simple to maintain (repair, replace or upgrade parts) and clean
    G: Is a pistol(s) I've trained and practiced with, making me comfortable with it's operation and handling

For those reasons, I pick the Glock 19 or 26. 2nd choice is the Ruger P95.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    My favorite is the Sig P320 and you have options on the grip module. That aside, I have read about the VP9 being very customizable with side panel and back strap options.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Best 9mm pistol of all time: 1911 .45 ACP

Oh . . . does it have to be chambered in 9mm? OK

P-35:
    In continuous service in numerous miliatry services and law enforcement agencies around the world since 1935.

John

Top Bottom