• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    After much consideration looks like my next gun will be a HK VP9. I like the ergonomics, and 4 free mags doesn't hurt either. So does anyone have any reason I may not know of not to get one?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    After much consideration looks like my next gun will be a HK VP9. I like the ergonomics, and 4 free mags doesn't hurt either. So does anyone have any reason I may not know of not to get one?

You really want a P30L. Oh wait, that's why I didn't get one.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My son bought one as I salivated next to him. When I shot it I was hooked. I shot better with that than my Glock 19 that I've owned and carried for 6 years.

Just recently I given a lot of thought to trading my 19 for one.
    We'll see.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    The only thing that turns me off about this pistol is the price of magazines. Now that they have an offer to get some free though…

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My son bought one as I salivated next to him. When I shot it I was hooked. I shot better with that than my Glock 19 that I've owned and carried for 6 years.

Just recently I given a lot of thought to trading my 19 for one.
    We'll see.

I feel the exact same way. Love the feel of the VP9 and shot it better than any pistol I've ever fired. Not to disuade anybody, but the European style mag release is the only thing that would make me hesitant to carry it.

PSA had the VP9 Tactical with threaded barrel and night sites on sale for $549.99 this week. Almost too good a deal to pass up. It's been in and out of stock all week. If I had any spare cash I would grab one.

H&K VP9 Tactical 9mm Pistol W/ Threaded Barrel & Night Sights, Black

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Wow, that's a great price. I've had mine a couple years now and it's a very comfortable shooter. Get it!

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    For me, it wasn't passing torture tests very well and I don't really do "fun guns"

But other than torture tests its a great handgun.

Now HK in general. Im still waiting on my $200 rebate from a few years back so I've written off HK as a whole.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I haven't owned any HK pistols in the past, even though I have a large handgun collection. Recently I started looking for a new "compact" gun for use in IDPA's CCP (compact carry pistol) division. I bought and shot SIG 320's, my Glock 19, a Beretta 92 Compact, and my Glock 26. When the HK VP9 came out, I thought that I would wait and try a compact when they made it. About a month ago, CDNN ran a special on the VP9SK for $529 and I couldn't pass it up. This thing shoots like a laser! I ran it at the Wilmore Ky. IDPA match this month and came in first in my class and division and 4th overall for the match! The paddle release for the mags isn't that hard to get used to. Now I really wish I could afford my dream HK, the P7M8! Mags can be a bit expensive, and looking at the innards, it seems to be a bit more complicated than the glocks and sigs, but I'll just be using it for matches, so no worries.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    The mags are expensive, I have been using pro mag with out any issues at all after 200 rounds through each.

The European style is faster for me, using my trigger finger I don't have to adjust my grip at all to reach the mag release. The Euro mag is also less likely to cause an accidental release of the magazine.

I shoot the vp9 better than any other pistols I've tried.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I've seem several of these run during Steel Matches and they seem to get the job done. People that shoot them love them, and with the free mag deal the price for mags is moot. I too seem to miss out on free mag deals, my latest was Springfield's mag deal.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    I used to have one. It's definitely better than most polymers out there, but the Walther PPQ is still better. This was HK's attempt at copying Walther's success, and they came up short.

aspiringsnd

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    Westfield
    My current VP9 has had ~ 4,000 rounds put through it and is shooting better now than it did when it was new.

I have 2 gripes about the gun:

1. Mags are EXPENSIVE. Getting one now while the mag deal is going on is worthwhile.
    2. The trigger reset is a bit long. The actual trigger pull is fantastic -- better than the PPQ I once owned, but the reset is super long and I find myself short-stroking the trigger at times.

Top Bottom