Is it Possible to Mount a Reflex Sight on a Non-MOS Glock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I have a Glock Gen 4 G20 (10mm). It does not have an MOS slide.

I would like to mount a reflex sight on it. I'm considering a Trijicon RMR, but would consider others depending on availability of mounting kits.

Is it possible to mount a reflex site using the factory rear sight dovetail? If yes, who offers the mounting kit?

Last edited:

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    There are some mounts that replace the rear sight, like this one. There are several different companies who make them. If you do a google search for RMR pistol mounts, you'll find them available through Brownells, Midway USA, and straight from the manufacturer.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    IIRC AllenM at Diamond Collision did one of these or something very similar not too long ago. Maybe he'll chime in if he sees it.

Allen just did a G17 for me. It's amazing.

I had him do front serrations, cut the slide for Tijicon RMR, cerakote it sniper gray and add steel taller suppressor sights to be able to co-witness.

I will post a picture later.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    There are some mounts that replace the rear sight, like this one. There are several different companies who make them. If you do a google search for RMR pistol mounts, you'll find them available through Brownells, Midway USA, and straight from the manufacturer.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess my only question would be how something like this would hold up under the stress firing, especially after many rounds on a 10mm.

IIRC AllenM at Diamond Collision did one of these or something very similar not too long ago. Maybe he'll chime in if he sees it.

AllenM does some beautiful work. He's done some work on two of my Kimbers. He would likely be able to provide an end product that stands up to use much better than a kit that mounts in the rear dovetail. Sounds like this might be my third job for Allen.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Allen just did a G17 for me. It's amazing.

I had him do front serrations, cut the slide for Tijicon RMR, cerakote it sniper gray and add steel taller suppressor sights to be able to co-witness.

Perfect. I'm convinced. I like this idea much better than using the factory rear dovetail. :yesway:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Thanks for the feedback. I guess my only question would be how something like this would hold up under the stress firing, especially after many rounds on a 10mm.

AllenM does some beautiful work. He's done some work on two of my Kimbers. He would likely be able to provide an end product that stands up to use much better than a kit that mounts in the rear dovetail. Sounds like this might be my third job for Allen.

I would sleep better if Allen did the work on mine. I need that confidence in my guns.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I would sleep better if Allen did the work on mine. I need that confidence in my guns.

You make an excellent point. There's something about the thought of losing my new RMR, my Glock, AND my eye all at the same time lurking in the back of my mind every time I squeeze the trigger that just doesn't sit well! :n00b:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I PM'd AllenM about putting the RMR on my Glock. I ordered the RMR from Cabela’s today. Planning to have Allen mount the RMR, change out the factory sights with some suppressor height sights for co-witness. Also want him to fabricate a blank plate for the slide cut, in case I ever want to remove the sight or use it on a different gun.

Just have to pick some sights. Was thinking Tru-glo, but looking for suggestions.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Not the best pictures but I went with black steel front and back. I didn't want the front sight to distract me from picking up the RMR dot.

View attachment 57788 View attachment 57789

That turned out beautiful! Now I just have to bide my time. I ordered the RHR from Cabela's. Good news is they were on sale for $349, (awesome deal) and I had some points on my card so I got it for just under $235 with tax. Bad news is it's on backorder and I have to wait 8 to 9 weeks for them to ship it! That will give me a little time to pick out some suppressor-height sights. Can't wait to post some pics after AllenM gets done with it. I'll have to remember to take the "before" shots this time too.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You make an excellent point. There's something about the thought of losing my new RMR, my Glock, AND my eye all at the same time lurking in the back of my mind every time I squeeze the trigger that just doesn't sit well! :n00b:

The Cabelas deal is tempting, but for a 10mm you maybe would have been better off getting the updated RMR06. According to Trijicon they beefed up their circuitry in order to alleviate issues with the optic being on a reciprocating slide. It's not going to fly off the slide or anything, but you may have issues losing the dot. If that happens Trijicon will warranty it, of course. Did you already get the sealing plate?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    The Cabelas deal is tempting, but for a 10mm you maybe would have been better off getting the updated RMR06. According to Trijicon they beefed up their circuitry in order to alleviate issues with the optic being on a reciprocating slide. It's not going to fly off the slide or anything, but you may have issues losing the dot. If that happens Trijicon will warranty it, of course. Did you already get the sealing plate?

I already purchased the RM06, for the difference in the price, I didn't think it was worth going with the latest model. With my points, I paid $232 and some change. To get the latest model, I would have paid about $570.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    And the project begins. My suppressor height Trijicon night sights arrived today. Still waiting for the RM06, that's several weeks down the road on backorder.

DSC00720_zpsgz8xpey2.jpg

DSC00721_zpsfjzljlba.jpg

Before shots:
    DSC_5990a_zpse9bbaf7c.jpg

DSC00723_zpsqng2zxfv.jpg

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Just got a pic from AllenM this morning. Looks like my new Trijicon RM06 Reflex sight the sight is now installed on the slide of my Glock 20 along with the new Trijicon suppressor height night sights. Got a killer deal on the reflex sight at Cabela's.

More pics once it arrives in the mail. AllenM is one talented guy :thumbsup:

37066485153_037d2ba277_c.jpg

Last edited:

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I would love one of these for my XDM. Too bad i can't find the dot on them for anything. Maybe with some practice it would be better, or may astigmatism is just an arss

Top Bottom