• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    If you pulled one on a bad guy, I don't think he'd know what it was. Consequently it wouldn't be a deterrent.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    This just might be the worst firearm idea in at least 150 years. You can google some pretty funky firearm designs from the mid to late 1800's that would rival this design for its uselessness.

I have to agree with one of the comments made below the article:
    I'd rather have a sharp stick and the four hundred dollars.

That goofy contraption takes up about the same space in a pocket as my LCP. I can bring to bear my LCP with 6+1 of .380ACP firepower in far less time than it would take fully deploy this contrivance with its single, puny .22 LR bullet.

Last edited:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    If you pulled one on a bad guy, I don't think he'd know what it was. Consequently it wouldn't be a deterrent.

I beg to differ sir... I believe that the bad guy would either stand frozen in bewilderment or fall over laughing as you took 10 minutes to unfold your gun. That could be a deterrent. :rolleyes:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I never get the bashing on a new item and the price

This just might be the worst firearm idea in at least 150 years. You can google some pretty funky firearm designs from the mid to late 1800's that would rival this design for its uselessness.

I have to agree with one of the comments made below the article:

That goofy contraption takes up about the same space in a pocket as my LCP. I can bring to bear my LCP with 6+1 of .380ACP firepower in far less time than it would take fully deploy this contrivance with its single, puny .22 LR bullet.

I think the Heizer Double Tap and Single shot pistols take that price. This is cool. A novelty yes like a Bond Arms derringer and possibly even the NAA revolvers, but it is kinda neat

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Normally, I like stuff like this, but I will pass. Makes about as much sense to me as the 'curve'. Cannot think of a single time this would be beneficial. Too slow to employ in an emergency. I think this would be used like 'The Liberator' pistols from WWII. Hopefully the world will not come to that.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    From website:

"The company, which “was founded in 2014 to design, develop, manufacture and market innovative American-made firearms” advertises the new LifeCard as their flagship gun."

If this is their "flagship gun", I can wait a long time to see the "value line"....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Couldnt they have at least made it a WMR if they only give us one shot?

And yes, for me, 1* reason to want one, 400 not to.

*just for giggles.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel

First... you don't a gun as a deterrent, you pull a gun to fire it at a threat.

Second... one shot is better than no shot.

I see this useful as this is so small and nondescript that it would go unnoticed even in the most intimate of settings like at a sporting event where you are wanded and bag searched, a family or social/work gathering where close contact is expected and the sudden discovery of a firearm would be disadvantageous. Also in a workplace setting where even deep conceal would be difficult.

I expect real world price will be $300 or so and I would consider one as an option as I presently could not carry a traditionally shaped firearm at my workplace if I chose to.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Correct. Using it as a deterrent/talisman is a bad idea. However if Mr. Bad Guy decides to vamoose before I can pull the trigger, its suddenly a better day.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I read the owner's manual just to make sure I wasn't missing something. I'm not. As a novelty, whatever, it's your money. To pretend it's useful for self defense? :)::)::):

You've got to unfold it, which requires manipulating some small sliding controls, both hands, and a bit of time.

From the owner's manual "...half-cocked position for loading and unloading. NEVER ATTEMPT TO LOAD THE PISTOL WITH THE BOLT COCKED! In the half-cocked position, the bolt is captured and the trigger cannot be pulled. Do not carry the pistol with a live cartridge in the chamber. " (bold added for emphasis)

So you've got to load it. (It holds 4 cartridges in a little compartment, so there's a plus)

Now you've got to cock it before you can fire it. If you need to shoot right now, another small control to use and more time to do so. Threat is present but not imminent? So now your choice is either to cock and hold a gun in single action, with no trigger guard, and who knows what trigger pull...or wait until you need to shoot to pull out the little dart gun cocker...a two handed job unlike a hammer cocked gun.

So then you didn't need to shoot. How do you decock? Well, you push forward on the cocker of course. What could go wrong pushing a gun with no trigger guard forward to decock it? :rolleyes: At least you aren't burdened with sights, and I'm sure the ergonomics are perfect for a consistent index...

This almost makes the Heizer doubletap look sensible.

chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/http://www.trailblazerfirearms.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/lifecard-manual_web.pdf if you want to take a look at the manual.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DMash
    Top Bottom