• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    Yes this happend on the range. First a little background, I bought a Stainless Target II and it has been a great gun. I rolled the dice on a Micro 380 and not so much.
    I called Kimber and they were all about sending me a free mag, problem was, if it was a bad mag why does it work fine in my wife's p238? I did not get mad at Mr. Phone operator.
    He probably isn't paid enough to deal with all of the $**t that comes his way because of corporate policy. This is a company prepared script. (We know it's a bad design and won't pay to fix it)
    Colt and Sig had issues as well, but Sig actually fixed theirs by making a heavier spring and trimming some of the catch back.
    I took the Sig parts out and tested them in the Kimber. All mags worked fine. The next day I ordered the Sig parts from Numrich. Problem solved. Yes I could get irate on the phone,
    go back and forth with Kimber, howl at the moon and it wouldn't make any difference. If they stood behind their products they wouldn't have tried to pawn off a free mag on me knowing
    that the mag isn't the issue. They should have said send the gun back to us and we'll make it right. This took a total of about 30 minutes of my time and $40. Do I think they should cover the $40? Yes.
    Am I gonna do anything about it? Yes. I will never spend another dime of my money on a Kimber product. It is that easy. I read on the Kimber forums where people have sent their pistols back two or three times.
    I'm guessing that they are putting the same parts in and hoping for a different outcome. I'm not a gunsmith. if I can figure this out in half an hour it can't be beyond a gun company to do the same, unless they
    don't want to. (Profits) I batted .500 and I'm moving on. Kimber What all guns should be........ after you tweak them into shape.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have only owned one Kimber in my life, an Ultra CDP. After that one, never again.
    And every time I read about Kimber it is rarely good. I almost never see a thread that says "I love my Kimber"

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I owned a Kimber once....

My literary analysis skills tell me that...
    The past tense verb is important (owned), as is the reference to experiences (once)

Lol, in all seriousness I know there must be quite a few kimbers out there that run well - but man, their percentage of issues/problems/warranty must be about as high as any other firearms company.

Edit to add: except Remington!!!

Top Bottom