• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tapout4892

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2016
    New Albany
    Hi I'm thinking about adding another 1911 to my collection. And I'm thinking about a cco ( commander slide on officer frame. ) it would be carried from time to time but I just wanted to see what everybody else thought or say about them. And to see what are some affordable one's out there.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You need to define what affordable means to you. Some people would find a Colt out of their price range, others would buy the Wilson Combat.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    O9840WC_left.png

Colt Wiley Clapp CCO

Tapout4892

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2016
    New Albany
    I like the frame on the officer. It's an overall five inch tall gun and you can put a seven round kimber mag in it. It'll be flush on the bottom but I like the 4-4.25 inch barrel the commander has. To me the combination makes a nice good conceal carry gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I like the frame on the officer. It's an overall five inch tall gun and you can put a seven round kimber mag in it. It'll be flush on the bottom but I like the 4-4.25 inch barrel the commander has. To me the combination makes a nice good conceal carry gun.

OK I get it now.
    My hands do not like that combo. I actually add a magwell to all my 1911's to give me more to grip. The Officers frame is not a favorite with me.
    As to swapping out the slides I would actually have to look at that as I have never considered it.

PM AllenM and ask him.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    you can put a seven round kimber mag in it.

No on like 3 different levels, Kimber mags suck just as hard as Kimber does as an overall brand. Wilson Combat and a few others are the only way to go as far as 1911 magazines are concerned.

1911 Magazine | 7 Round .45 ACP | Compact-http://shopwilsoncombat.com/

I agree with Expat the Wiley Clapp CCO is a great gun I myself am a big fan of the Dan Wesson CCO however but they are expensive by allot of peoples standards.

Dan Wesson CCO - Dan Wesson

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No on like 3 different levels, Kimber mags suck just as hard as Kimber does as an overall brand. Wilson Combat and a few others are the only way to go as far as 1911 magazines are concerned.

1911 Magazine | 7 Round .45 ACP | Compact-http://shopwilsoncombat.com/

I agree with Expat the Wiley Clapp CCO is a great gun I myself am a big fan of the Dan Wesson CCO however but they are expensive by allot of peoples standards.

Dan Wesson CCO - Dan Wesson

I was trying to avoid the Kimber bashing so early in the thread. :):
    The slide swap question has come up in the past. I have never addressed it so I refrain from answering. I know the slide will fit up on the rails but never looked at function.

Top Bottom