Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Plinker

Pocket/ankle hand gun

I'm curious what is a good small hand gun. I been looking at the body guard 380. Mainly due to it has a safety. I would like for it to fit in my front pants pocket or possibly a ankle holster

I pocket carry a J-frame quite a bit in the summer. I wear cargo shorts most of the time, and I have no problems slipping one in my front pocket along with a good holster.

Plinker
    That's more of a revolver?

Plinker
    It doesn't have to be a .380 I'm a service tech line of work. I go in and out of peoples homes all day long. Caught someone trying to break into my van while I was in a customers house. I went out and yelled at them, at that point I had a gun pulled on me. They left no harm and nothing taken this time. I have a M&P 40 compact it's little bulky to be carrying and don't want to scare my customers. Which got me thinking for a pocket pistol but need it to be small and undetectable.

Looking for suggestions.

Colt 1903 or Savage 1907/17.
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Ruger LCP is about the biggest that fits my pocket well, and M&P Shield the biggest that fits ankle form me.
    I thought Mosin Nagants came from the earth and there was a limitless supply of this raw fuel?

Pocket carry is pretty personal. It depends on your build, your pants, how active you are, etc.

If you are dead set on pocket carry, I'd look at the various S&W j-frames as well as the Ruger LCR and LCP. No caliber lower than .38 or .380. The 9mm Shield is a very solid choice, although too big for me to pocket but ankle carries fine. Some guys can pocket them just fine, though.

Remember to use a pocket holster, which increases safety, helps break up the lines of the firearm, and keeps it oriented correctly in your pocket. Carry nothing else in that pocket.
    My nuts are the great uniter.

Plz use a holster, even if minimal to cover triggerguard (raven concealment, etc)
    Ruger LCP2, LC9, or LCR are good choices, and i would prefer them to the s&w bodyguard (this gun never impressed me much - though i never carried one daily)

Shield and Walther PPS or glock 42/43 would be right on the big side, but possible if pocket size and tightness allow.

Sig p938 or 238 might be worth checking out - these have a 1911 style safety
    "Stay classy, San Diego"

It is surprising that some of those revolvers carry so well in a pocket, don't rule them out.
    A lot of folks prefer the flatter semi-autos, but the revolvers dont feel quite as bulky as you would think, since its only the cylinder that's a bit wider
    "Stay classy, San Diego"

Quote Originally Posted by throttletony View Post
    Shield and Walther PPS or glock 42/43 would be right on the big side, but possible if pocket size and tightness allow.
    I forgot about the mini-Glocks, also a good option.

My nuts are the great uniter.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast