• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    so yesterday at the range I was shooting my Thursday night pin gun, ruger mk1 with all kinds of volqartsen goodies on it, when something hit my hand, I didn't think anything about it, and a few round later, I noticed that the screw that held the vcomp was gone? I looked on the ground, and saw it!....sweet right!....wrong, it was the top of the screw....the bottom was still in the barrel!

so last night, I tried my best to get it out, and gave up, its now at a machine shop, they're trying to get the screw out (some idiot (me) used blue locktite)

I told them I needed it back by Wednesday, preferably on Tuesday, cause I still have to find a screw(640x1/2 flat head according to volqartesn).

if for some reason I don't get my barrel back, does anyone know if I can put my mark 3 barrel/bolt on my mark 1 frame?, the mark one has all the volqartsen parts and a 2.25 # trigger pull, vs the mark 3 that's stock and about a 10 ton trigger pull?

thanks

ilcaveman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    elizabeth
    I learned a tip from a friend that fixes gun. He takes a solder gun and grinds the tip flat, then uses it to heat the screw to loosen the locktote.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Doesn't take a lot of heat either. The soldering gun trick or the woman's hair dryer will work just fine.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    OP: While I cannot answer definitively here's this:

The aftermarket PacLite uppers from Tactical Solutions fit all lowers besides the newest MK IV.

That leads me to believe that all other Ruger uppers SHOULD fit all other Ruger lowers.

MAGS may not work, however.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I should have stated its a mk1 and a mk3 22/45

thanks

looks like I might have to shoot my mk3 at the shoot on Thursday

and this winter im putting volqartsen parts in my 22/45 as a back up gun

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I should also note that the TacSol information did NOT differentiate between the metal frame or the polymer 22/45 frames.

Any TacSol upper can be mounted on any Mk 1 - Mk III lower - be it standard or 22/45.

Again - that leads me to believe that any Ruger upper can be put on any Ruger lower.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    crisis averted, just got off the phone with the machine shop, the screw was removed and threads cleaned up yesterday!, the reason they haven't called yet was they are waiting on the screws they ordered to replace the one that broke! they called around yesterday to the shops that sell screws, and nobody had any in stock, so they ordered a bag from McMaster Carr for 7.00 and are giving me the whole bag (10) I called volqartsen yesterday and they said they were 6.95 a screw plus shipping!

I asked for the damage he said 50.00 total including the screws, around here the gun shops would charge 35.00 just to touch your gun, and wouldn't start on it for 4-6 weeks

so all in all I probably paid a little too much, but I got it in 2 days vs a month and I need it for Thursday!

to avoid this again, im going to order all the parts I need to make my 22/45 have a 2-3# trigger!

Top Bottom