• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I haven't had much trigger time this summer, I confess.
    Buuuuut.... I recently purchased 8 mags from INGO member HD1911.
    Being the conservative type, I like to run a load or two through a mag before I trust it for anything.
    Off to the range I go, and set up a wholly inappropriate target at 7 yards.
    After 4 mags through the old old 226, (my go to hell zombie pistol,) I see a nice, ragged hole, three inches to the left of the bullseye.
    Next time, I really need to slow down and work on my trigger control .

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    People just need to get out and shoot. I practice bullseye with friends on Tuesdays, and sometimes Thursdays, even though Camp Perry is over. I shoot skeet and/or trap on Wednesdays. On the weekend I shoot Steel Challenge, sporting clays, cowboy action, or whatever local matches are scheduled. In the fall, I run a PPC league at Blythe's on Tuesdays. Find something you like and shoot.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    For a lot of folks time and money are diametrically opposed. They either have time or money not both at the same time.

I try to get to the range as often as possible to blow the dust off my skills. Thankfully, my job dovetails with a lot of my interests. I got to do a training session in a unique place last month, down at Red Stone Arsenal shooting a remote control infantry target with an M4. I hit it first and furthest as they ran it out of the woods and continued to drill it with head shots as they dodged it between obstacles and made it run around in a way that would have made an Olympic gymnast winded.

Afterwards, of course, I stepped back from the shooting table and said..."a man's got to know his limitations". :D

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's scarry how perishable of a skill it is. This year has taught me that there is ZERO excuse not to maintain our skills in self defense.
    Anyone who hasn't ever taken a formal civilian class on self defense pistol skills you are doing yourself a severe disservice. Don't be afraid of being embarased or called out. Go with an open mind and learn to live or die fighting!.
    That being said I HIGHLY recommend Tactical Response
    And Thunder Ranch

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    PSA - Don't forget the benefits of "dry fire" practice folks.

It's trigger time that requires no ammunition or trip to the range.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    7 yards seemed like the best place to start. It's been awhile since ive been able to work on basic pistol marksmanship. I am mostly self defense minded, but I definitely want to be able to hit a paper plate sized target at 50 yards with the appropriate handgun. Some fine day I'd like to be able to vapor lock bambi with a big revolver.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    but I definitely want to be able to hit a paper plate sized target at 50 yards with the appropriate handgun. Some fine day I'd like to be able to vapor lock bambi with a big revolver.

Try to find a place nearby that shoots bullseye. Get in with some bullseye shooters. Slow-fire is at 50 yards, timed and rapid-fire are at 25 yards. It is all shot one-handed. It may not be as exciting as other shooting sports, but it will make you a better shooter. You will certainly accomplish your goal of hitting targets at 50 yards after shooting bullseye, but you will be able to do it one-handed.

Top Bottom