• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    I shot 50 rounds through a Glock 19 yesterday. So far have only shot .22lr pistols since May this year.

Trigger pull was significantly harder, why? Shouldn't all trigger pulls be the same for single action?

To get leverage I put my finger at the very bottom of the trigger, wound up getting it pinched between the trigger and guard after firing and releasing the trigger. Didn't break the skin, but I have a swollen finger a day later.

Talked to the store employees after shooting the Glock, they gave me a half dozen other guns to dry fire. Will try the Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II next time. The trigger on it was easier than the .22lr pistols.

Learning is fun!

Tim.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    That's a striker fired pistol for ya. Part of the safety mechanism in a glock is built into the trigger. They definitely are NOT known for their trigger. Reliability, yes......trigger quality, hell no.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The trigger really does suck, doesn't it? :):

I really wanted to like the G30s but that sproingy sort of vibration after pulling the trigger just drove me nuts.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Glock trigger isn't "single action" per say. The striker is only about 60% pre-cocked. The pre-travel part is cocking the striker the remaining 40%. That's why you experienced what you did.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm gonna bet you weren't all the way on the trigger and didn't depress the trigger safety. Or you were shooting a new York glock which I doubt.
    Or you have diminished strength in your hands and finger. I'm not making fun, some people have real medical issues.

Factory glock triggers are not that bad. A 1911 trigger is maybe the best trigger ever made in a.pistol but do you really want to trade reliability and ammo capacity because of a trigger? You can train and get used to the trigger. But you aren't gonna stop that 1911 from malfunctioning. If you take a class with a 1911 it WILL fail. I don't want to stake my life on that

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm gonna bet you weren't all the way on the trigger and didn't depress the trigger safety. Or you were shooting a new York glock which I doubt.
    Or you have diminished strength in your hands and finger. I'm not making fun, some people have real medical issues.

Factory glock triggers are not that bad. A 1911 trigger is maybe the best trigger ever made in a.pistol but do you really want to trade reliability and ammo capacity because of a trigger? You can train and get used to the trigger. But you aren't gonna stop that 1911 from malfunctioning. If you take a class with a 1911 it WILL fail. I don't want to stake my life on that

lol.:)

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Owned and sold a couple G19 handguns (why 2, one had suppressor sights and TB). LOVE my VP9 and VP9SK triggers and handguns, for me, way more comfortable, and much better triggers.

I did shoot the G19 very well, and they were both 100% reliable, just never felt right, in hand or on trigger.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Learning is fun!

Tim.

I'd suggest also looking for a "Familiarization" type handgun class that would cover the different handgun options and give you a chance to work with someone familiar with the different platforms and triggers that are on the market. The group I work with around the Seymour / Columbus area have classes that help cover this information, but I'm not familiar with your area's offerings. Depending on where in North Central IN you are, Cedartop would be able to talk and work with you.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The trigger really does suck, doesn't it? :):

I really wanted to like the G30s but that sproingy sort of vibration after pulling the trigger just drove me nuts.

when I pull a glock trigger I imagine a paddle trying to swipe through the stiffest oatmeal on the other side of a fulcrum. Also the grip angle seems very unnatural.

My advice is to try a Sig, or if you want plastic striker fired, try a Walther. Of course nothing wrong with the 1911s if you like a good trigger.

The only reason I would consider Glock is availability and standardizatuon of accessories. In other words they're easier to bedazzle.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    What kind of 1911 do you use. What classes

Springfield Armory Range Officer in 9mm. Several classes with trainers here on this site plus a couple others. Mostly basic stuff with about 350 rounds or so shot during the day. Also IDPA and Steel Challenge events.

Probably the most rounds in one day are less than 500. I have run it without cleaning as a "torture test" for way more than 500 rounds but I got tired of black ooze getting everywhere so I finally just went ahead and cleaned it. :)

Maybe I just got lucky and have a good one.:dunno:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Springfield Armory Range Officer in 9mm. Several classes with trainers here on this site plus a couple others. Mostly basic stuff with about 350 rounds or so shot during the day. Also IDPA and Steel Challenge events.

Probably the most rounds in one day are less than 500. I have run it without cleaning as a "torture test" for way more than 500 rounds but I got tired of black ooze getting everywhere so I finally just went ahead and cleaned it. :)

Maybe I just got lucky and have a good one.:dunno:

I'm shocked honestly. Maybe because it's a.9mm
    I saw a.range officer fail all weekend before

Top Bottom