• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I have the opportunity to make a trade for my sig 229 extreme for a HK45c. I love sigs and have several never owned an HK but this one has a lot of features that really appeal to me. I know ones a 9 and the other is a 45 but I'm also a 1911 fan so I'm accustomed to the 45. Id just like to get some thoughts from HK and sig owner's. Would really like some thoughts on the trigger of the HK compared to the sig da/sa with srt, HK also has da/sa.
    Thanks

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I've owned both, nothing wrong with Sig, still love my 1911 Sig, but my P series have been sold off, I prefer the HK45C.

Odd caveat for HK fan.....I really LOVE my M&Pc .45 with APEX Trigger.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    If you're used to the SRT then you won't like tbe Hk trigger. It's not refined. It's truly a combat trigger. Stages like crazy. I have a Vp9, Hk45 tactical, and a USP45. I also have 2 German 226s, German 228, and a P6. I'd keep your 229. Then buy an Hk45 :):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    H&K trigger is heavy and grittier. I'm not a fan, and I like hammer fired guns. I'm also not a fan of the combo safety/decocker. Sig remains my top choice for hammer fired guns. Beretta and CZ would be my second tier.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    A HK trigger can be made very nice just like anything else. The HK45 & HK45c use the same internals as the USP line which have a shorter reset than the P30 & P2000. I prefer the LEM, and those also can be made very nice, and I'm not talking Bruce Gray money either.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I also prefer the triggers on my SIGs over my HK. I love my HK, don't get me wrong, but I love my SIGs more! Also, a compact .45 is going to kick like a mule I would suspect.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The comments on the HK has been interesting. The only one I have shot is the VP9 and it was pretty good for what it is. But I know not to judge the whole line by the plastic striker sized model. The Sigs prove that. The classic P series is a far different animal than the P320s.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I recently picked up an Hk P30SK, and am so far really digging it. The DA trigger pull is, as others have noted, long and heavy. Mine has no gritty feeling to it at all, it's a fairly smooth, linear pull IMO. SA is very pleasant, I think. Make no mistake, this isn't a S&W revolver trigger by any means, or anything that holds a candle to a cajonized CZ. But out of the box it's alright, I don't plan to do anything to it... though a lighter DA pull with a different hammer spring wouldn't be a bad upgrade.

I'm not crazy about the polymer trigger. The shape and what not is fine, but I would have expected a steel trigger. Even Springfield's new XDE (the single-stack hammer-fired 9mm) has a steel hammer and trigger. I haven't put live rounds through the P30SK yet, that will be next weekend, but on the laser target, so far it's lights-out, very accurate for me. I also kind of like the modular grip panels, aside from the Batman styling. I have an average-sized palm, but long piano fingers. Punch out a pin, spend a little time experimenting with what works, and it's a simple, quick customized fit. It's the only polymer pistol I've ever held (with a Walther PPQ being a close 2nd) that felt almost as good in my hands as a CZ. And for me, it points naturally, I don't have to cock my wrists down like I do with a Glock. I'm also a big fan of the paddle-style mag release, it just works.

I've tried to like Sigs in the past with shooting different examples over the years. All functioned just fine, and shot well, but I've never been able to get excited about anything Sig makes.

Top Bottom