Gun shop employee draws carry gun just to demonstrate.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    Was in a gun shop for the first time. Not busy, one employee, one customer, just talking. They quit talking as I came up to the counter and the employee asked if he can help me. I describe what I'm after and get to handle a few guns, I have the employee's full attention. After about 10-15 minutes of discussion we are talking about aiming and the employee steps back from the counter, draws his loaded, cocked, carry gun and points it off to the side to demonstrate what his process is.

He has 20 display guns right in front of him, plus the 3 on top of the counter I am looking at.

This was the 2nd gun shop I've ever been in and I felt he was quite unprofessional and somewhat dangerous with this action. The wall he pointed at was an interior wall with people on the other side.

I didn't say anything about his actions, but left soon after.

What would your reaction be to this situation?

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I probably would have said something, then maybe sent an email or something to the manager? If i owned the store i would definitely want to know if one of my employees were not following 1 of the 4 commandments.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    By leaving, you did the right thing. I would call or send an email to the store manager/owner. That is completely unprofessional and careless. The type of thing that makes gun owners in general look like maniacs. Don't get discouraged, there are plenty of places with quality help

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds like he was trying to be helpful. You asked about drawing and aiming and he showed you how he did it.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Sounds like he was trying to be helpful. You asked about drawing and aiming and he showed you how he did it.

OP should just be glad he didn't ask if the employee's chosen carry ammo is a man-stopper or not.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You mean gun store employees are not weapons experts?
    Take any advice from gunshop people with a grain of salt many are gadget guys.
    They love to talk about weapons look at them touch them ect.
    Some are just business people that sell weapons and could careless about what you purchase.
    There are ones who have experience and care about fitting you with the right weapon.
    Beware that a few are wackos I know of one who attempts to sell a Taurus "Judge" to every woman that walks in.

Top Bottom