• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I know that there are several semi-autos that come in different colors, but are there any revolvers? I'm literally asking for a friend. My ex has asked for my help and advice in choosing a new handgun. She doesn't like the SD9VE that she currently has. She doesn't feel safe with it, which means she won't use it, and it's little more than a paperweight at this point. She thinks she wants a revolver, but she wants to be able to get one that is "pretty." :dunno: We'll see if she still wants one after she shoots mine. I told her she may have to get something that could be refinished in the color of her choice, but I thought I'd ask if there were any factory revolvers in different colors?

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Charter Arms does, but then you have a Charter arms.

And you can cerakote revolvers just like any other gun.

S&W also makes some with pink grips. https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/114624

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable suggesting she get a Charter Arms. I mean, yeah, she's my ex, but we parted on good terms. That's what I told her. She may have to settle for "pretty" accessories or pay extra to have it refinished. She's set on a longer barrel, though. She wants it only for HD. She won't be carrying it.

Lanternman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    East Central
    You can get them "dipped" in various films with colors and patterns. It's harder to get a revolver to coat evenly, but I've seen it done.

Maybe a set of colored grips? My Mrs. just bought a heritage with pink grips.

It's not for me, but if it keeps the ladies supportive of the bobby, then I'm all for it.

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    This set was a wedding present to a good friend of mine.
    Maybe pink grips would be enough for her?

HisNHers.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    How's about this one?

93c6e39e34c55ff8ae3a0336c471dddd--handgun-revolvers.jpg

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    This set was a wedding present to a good friend of mine.
    Maybe pink grips would be enough for her?

View attachment 58928

That's kind of what I'm thinking she's going to do for now, then she could have it refinished at another time. We'll see what she thinks of revolvers after she actually shoots one or two.

How's about this one?

93c6e39e34c55ff8ae3a0336c471dddd--handgun-revolvers.jpg

:laugh: Oh, my God. That is hideous!! But, at this point, she's leaning toward a revolver.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    The lcr has some real sharp looking purple grips available.

I saw that. They also seem to have/have had a version with the polymer part of the frame in purple. She's pretty set on something in a longer barrel though. I think she's going to be getting pretty grips or we'll be talking to Allen about cerakoting whatever she chooses.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Methinks her criteria for choosing a handgun are misplaced.

No, she knew what to focus on. We went to the range today. She loved shooting my Ruger Service Six. So, she's leaning toward the SP101. She liked the way it felt in her hand and is comfortable with the manual of arms. Heck, she shot my Ruger better than I do! (No, I'm not bitter...) We'll see if anyone makes pretty grips for a pretty stainless gun.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    That's good. Sounded like "pretty" was her first criteria.

Lots of grip choices out there for the SP101 (fancy woods, ivory panels, rubber in pink, purple, aqua, etc.).

Last edited:

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    That's good. Sounded like "pretty" was her first criteria. Lots of grip choices out there for the SP101.

No, isn't wasn't her first criteria, but it was something that she had mentioned would be cool. When we started talking about her trying out my guns to see what she liked, she texted me a picture of a snubbie in some sort of pink metallic finish. I don't know what kind of gun it was or what kind of finish it had. So, I just wanted to see what kind of options she would have if she went the revolver route.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Holsters can also come in any imaginable color. Heck, she can have several colors.

She's not planning on carrying it, at this point. She just wants something for home defense that she feels comfortable with and can use. At this point, she has an SD9VE that is unloaded, hasn't been shot, still in the plastic in the box, and she doesn't feel comfortable using it at all. She's handled it a little bit, but that's it.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    When talking about revolvers, to me there is nothing prettier than wood grips, on either a blued or high polish stainless frame. If you ask me the colorful ones, or the all black tactical looking revolvers are kinda ugly. Ugly guns are still good guns though haha. Black rubber grips look cheap, and they probably are.
    But hey, let's find her something she likes!

Top Bottom