• ...and so much more!
  • derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Saw this last night on Instagram - don't know if it's real or not but as an M&P guy, I am intrigued to say the least. I'm 20k rounds in with my full sized M&P (I train and carry it all year round) but might just pick one of these up if this is legit.

IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0001.JPG

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, now I have to have 1 of these and a Glock Gen 5... damn it.

I've been waiting for the 2.0 of the M&P 9c. I tried the standard 9c a couple of years ago and the trigger even with a RAM installed was a deal breaker for me compared to Glock (I wanted more tactile reset).

Guess I have my gun purchases mapped out for a bit now.

Also, I don't see it on the S&W site yet unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Any word on when it will be out?

Update: Some more info here http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-pistols/533962-m-p-2-0-compact-announcement.html

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    1/4 inch shorter barrel and little shorter in grip (two rounds worth) compared to current FS 2.0. I want to handle and compare first. I've gotten real used to the size of the FS. Great to see this however Smith is on the right path here.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    1/4 inch shorter barrel and little shorter in grip (two rounds worth) compared to current FS 2.0. I want to handle and compare first. I've gotten real used to the size of the FS. Great to see this however Smith is on the right path here.

Ok, yeah, I was gong to compare, but looks like this is not a 9C sized gun then. It's in between and therefore more in line with a Glock 19.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    IMHO these will sell like hotcakes.. G-19 size M&P, what's not to like

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Thats cool. Looks like a good mix of size vs. capacity. Only thing I'm not sure about is the grip texture. I've found that the more sandpaper like the grip is, the more it rubs my skin raw when using an IWB holster.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

I'm thinking so as well.. wonder if they brought this to market faster due to the Gen 5 release or actually held it back from the original 2.0 release to come out at the same time.

In any case, yes, I think these will move. I was kind of hoping for a 9C sized gun to be given the 2.0 treatment, but I'll definitely be interested to see this side by side with a Gen 5 19.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Thats cool. Looks like a goof mix of size vs. capacity. Only thing I'm not sure about is the grip texture. I've found that the more sandpaper like the grip is, the more it rubs my skin raw when using an IWB holster.

Little light sanding will help. I took just enough off my 2.0 and Shield 45 to be able to wear them under the shirt without issue but still have a good grip while shooting. Go very slow taking a little at a time off.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    smart move by them. G19 holds a huge market share. If i was a gun manufacturer i would definitely be after a piece of that pie. Im honestly surprised it took them this long.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

Its not a glock!

I think they will sell a lot of these. Which is a great thing. If I was so vested into glocks I'd look at m&p for sure.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Little light sanding will help. I took just enough off my 2.0 and Shield 45 to be able to wear them under the shirt without issue but still have a good grip while shooting. Go very slow taking a little at a time off.

I think I may have to try this. I'm getting that "I need this" feeling everytime I look at it.

For my wallets sake, I've got to stay off INGO.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I'm just wondering how they will identify the new 12+1 compact or if they will drop it completely. I love my full size and my 1.0 compact. I'll probably have to get one of these also but my OCD wishes they would have named it something other than compact, like "carry". This is great news and I love M&Ps so I'll be saving my pennies for one!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Really hoping they don't get rid of the 9c. I've had a couple of them in the past and ended up selling them. Going to keep an eye out for the used ones once this new one is released.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm just wondering how they will identify the new 12+1 compact or if they will drop it completely. I love my full size and my 1.0 compact. I'll probably have to get one of these also but my OCD wishes they would have named it something other than compact, like "carry". This is great news and I love M&Ps so I'll be saving my pennies for one!

Really hoping they don't get rid of the 9c. I've had a couple of them in the past and ended up selling them. Going to keep an eye out for the used ones once this new one is released.

Yep, makes me wonder as well. The naming is a bit confusing. Seems like they are aligning to the Glock sizing on full size (Glock 17 = M&P 2.0), compact (Glock 19 = Compact 2.0), and maybe subcompact (Glock 26/if they continue the model now known as the 9c) and then a separate line for the single stacks (Glock 43/Shield)?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Pretty good price, seems a bit cheaper than the new gen 5 Glocks. Now if only the magazines for the M&P line can come down in price!

Some of that is knowing where to look online. I've seen some decent pricing on them, but must admit, I don't watch them like I do Glock mag pricing.

Top Bottom