Indianapolis
    rm0tZq4m.jpg
    AuZRjLs.jpg

nCeBD7Dm.jpg
    8tZhR6mm.jpg
    7ed7blrm.jpg
    ETCBVC1m.jpg
    KwzBqcqt.jpg

1. I obviously have more to learn about using Impur and putting up pics: human error.
    2. This thread is a follow up of the 1911-22 thread where I was looking into them last Friday night and this am.
    3. I found about 5 of them and some I would dismiss (Browning 3/4 size) and some too expensive for my tastes.
    4. One of the members here (Dddress) sent me a pm and let me know that if I went down this road he had a Sig Sauer 1911-22 that he bought a year or so ago and he never fired it just put it away and never got back to it and was willing to sell it for a loss (my words, not his) if I was interested.
    5. Was I?!!!!!
    6. I was verrryyy interested, it all depended on price, of course, since there was another brand that was priced fairly for sale, but I had read some negatives and was going to pass.
    7. When he told me that he wasn't trying to get his money back out of it, he just wanted to move it on, then he told me the price: yes, I was elated and grateful!
    8. I had told him what they were selling new for now and I wasn't willing to put too much money into one, but when he gave me the price I was looking/hoping for, which was truly beyond fair, I jumped on it.
    9. Bad timing for me b/c I have bought a Smith 64-7 and a 64-8 and a Shield 9m, now this Sig all in a couple of weeks.
    10. I did sell my Walther, and have my Ruger LC9 for sale, but unlike other guns that sold immediately, it hasn't sold in a week.
    11. I have a Taurus 709 to sell and I'll sell one of my 64s after I make up my mind which one I want to keep, but bottom line I'm buying faster than selling, which is fun, but there has to be a reckoning from the wife soon. :laugh: She knows nothing of the new Sig Sauer, and I'll wait until I sell about 3 guns before I get around to it. :dunno: If we have to buy a house quickly, I will have to sell most of my guns to raise funds, or if we remodel our kitchen. I'm a crazy guy that deals with not borrowing money for my lifestyle. All depends on % rate and how long it would take for such endeavers.

12. The gun was a pure joy to shoot, more so than the Smith Victory ($300) that I bought and sold in a week that didn't do anything for me and I knew I wanted a good revolver (bought Ruger GP100: $600 @ Hoosier Armory).
    13. But, this 911 style does something for me. Heavy at 34 oz. No, I like it, if it weighed 44 oz. it would add to my enjoyment.
    14. It was dead on. I put 200 rounds through it quickly before Point Blank Range closed at 8 pm.
    15. I met with Dddress to buy the gun at Cabela in Noblesville around 7 pm and rushed over to try it out at Point Blank in Noblesville.
    16. I did everything from 5, 7, 10, and 15 yards and was pleased.
    17. The small 9mms I've been trying out mostly hit low and I need to learn to adjust the sights on the one I will keep which I think will be Shield 9mm.
    18. Don't think I'll have to adjust the Sig 1911-22.
    19. When I put the mag release, it doesn't "pop out." I push it and have to pull on the magazine. I assume there is a spring that isn't up to snuff or something needs oiled b/c it's sticking. Just now, when I got it out of the box to check the date on it, I tried the mag release and it worked fine, so I imagine the heat of shooting it somehow was causing the more difficult release??? My newbie theory.
    20. I did have 3 jams during the 200 rounds of CCI AR Tactical 22 LR copper-platted round nose 1200 FPS 49 grain that I used.
    21. Nothing serious, and I wonder if I was "limp-wristing" it, or since it has been sitting for years, it just needs to be oiled.
    22. Dddress says he bought it over a year ago at Gander Mountain and the box is dated August 2013, so it has sat around alot before being sold.
    23. A criticism of the Zinc-alloy 911s was that they didn't hold up their good looks like the steel or stainless guns, they just weren't that wear-proof.
    24. I could actually tell, looking with a critical eye what they were talking about after shooting it: the green "hue" to it won't hold up like solid steel b/c I could see a small friction point where I think the "paint" will rub off, but that won't deter its function since I won't be putting 10,000 rounds through it per year; I also have my other 22 Ruger 10 shot I'll be using as well to keep the rounds off my more expensive shells: 38 special, 9mm and 380.

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Extremely happy to hear your enjoying your new gun. Thanks for making the transaction so easy. Oh, and thanks for providing a bit of seed money for my new toy. Always great when a deal ends up benefiting both party's.

Cheers,

Dan

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Extremely happy to hear your enjoying your new gun. Thanks for making the transaction so easy. Oh, and thanks for providing a bit of seed money for my new toy. Always great when a deal ends up benefiting both party's.
    Cheers,
    Dan

1. I just got through at 11 pm in posting all my pics and my 24 point report about it all, you must have read the short version, ha!
    2. It was such a pleasure to deal with you. Of course, your price was enough to put a smile on anyone's face.
    3. I was telling a guy my age about it and he had me take it out of the box and show him; he truly seemed excited about the looks of the gun and the price was stunning compared to a shop.
    4. Dan, I tried to go and put a rating on you but it rejected the URL that was required. I put in one for my 1911-22 thread, but apparently, it has to be in the Classifieds.
    5. It was really cool how you genuinely seemed so glad that someone like me was going to take the gun and so enjoy it.
    6. I am as happy about getting this as any gun I've bought since it is filling a unique niche that I didn't even know existed. I recently have resisted buying a 40, 45, and read #7.
    7. Funny, I've been looking at 22, 25 and 32 very small carry pieces just for fun, but they generally cost more than they are worth, just unique, but I appreciate them, but here I go and buy an oversized .22.
    8. It's fun to be me. :laugh:

9. Oh, by the way, you have got to tell me what new toy you got! Pm me if you don't want the world to know, you know I can be trusted since I always mention the price of everything but I didn't mention of what you sold me the gun for b/c I thought you were reluctant. I think on the phone you might have said I could but I could hear you only 1/2 the time: you were coming in and out. :laugh:

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    1. I just got through at 11 pm in posting all my pics and my 24 point report about it all, you must have read the short version, ha!
    2. It was such a pleasure to deal with you. Of course, your price was enough to put a smile on anyone's face.
    3. I was telling a guy my age about it and he had me take it out of the box and show him; he truly seemed excited about the looks of the gun and the price was stunning compared to a shop.
    4. Dan, I tried to go and put a rating on you but it rejected the URL that was required. I put in one for my 911-22 thread, but apparently, it has to be in the Classifieds.
    5. It was really cool how you genuinely seemed so glad that someone like me was going to take the gun and so enjoy it.
    6. I am as happy about getting this as any gun I've bought since it is filling a unique niche that I didn't even know existed. I recently have resisted buying a 40, 45, and read #7.
    7. Funny, I've been looking at 22, 25 and 32 very small carry pieces just for fun, but they generally cost more than they are worth, just unique, but I appreciate them, but here I go and buy an oversized .22.
    8. It's fun to be me. :laugh:

It's all cool, in fact like I said it's best when the transaction works so well for both parties. I really rather see this happen than try to get that last extra buck. You got what your looking for and for me that particular gun which at one point was the apple eye was just taking up space. Besides like I said I used the money as seed money for another new apple of my eye.

If you think that's oversized that was actually the smallest 22 I own. I guess I just like oversized guns.

No worries about the reputation thing, but thanks for trying.

Enjoy your new gun, I know I plan on enjoying mine.

Cheers,

Dan

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    [FONT=&quot]The Specs[/FONT]
    CaliberCapacityBBLOALWidthHeightWeight
    .22 LR10+15″8.5″1.4″5.5″34 oz. w/mag

The 1911-22 OD is manufactured for SIG by German Sport Guns, rimfire pistol experts. While it might not be an exact replica of the original .45 ACP pistol, the 1911-22 is very close. The external dimensions of this pistol are near enough to the original that you can use M1911-molded holsters. And in your hands, the gun does not feel like a .22.

The manual controls mimic those on the traditional pistol. SIG has included an ambidextrous manual thumb-safety, and internally there’s a magazine disconnect safety. The grip safety is an upswept beavertail design that shooters should appreciate. Both the hammer and trigger are semi-custom: The hammer is skeletonized, and the trigger is the three-hole variety with serrations on the face.
    The SIG literature states the factory trigger press should run from 4.2–5.6 lbs

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Question for the gun geeks who know all.

On the right side of the gun in the back right side, at the top left edge of the grip (see pic),
    there is a black thing that moves up and down: what is it, what does it do?
    Is it a left hander's thumb safety, that simply is different than the other side?

8tZhR6mm.jpg

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    And again, why do you keep calling it a 911, not a 1911? Autocorrect mayhem?

I answered that in another thread and I've been going back and correcting it even though it is after 12 am b/c I feel like such an idiot. :laugh:
    I can't correct the wrong title, though: my shame will ever be before me. :bash:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I answered that in another thread and I've been going back and correcting it even though it is after 12 am b/c I feel like such an idiot. :laugh:
    I can't correct the wrong title, though: my shame will ever be before me. :bash:

pray to the almighty JMB and your sins will be forgiven oddg. :):

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    i saw in one of those vids about the 1911-22 Sig that when the man evaluating had a couple of issues with gun "jamming" he simply took it apart and oiled (I assume cleaned also) it up and it was fine.
    They made a comment on the ignorance of those who don't immediately take the gun out of the box and oil it up.
    It never occurred to me; I assumed it came from the factory with proper lubrication for 1st time firing: oops!
    I have never broken down a semi automatic so I have some apprehension about getting all the parts back in appropriately.
    I'll need to find some "cleaning and oiling for Dummies" vid that will guide me and I'll take pics with my phone if I have to. :laugh:
    It's the kind of thing I really would want someone else to do first, showing me all those nuances so I don't overtighten a screw or some other stupid thing.
    I have an old cleaning kit from 1990 so I'll hope I have the tools; I know there is a "scrubber" and I'm sure some lubricating oul, and some little pads and the "rod."
    I need to buy cleaning kits for my 9mm and 380 (never cleaned it since 1990 b/c I never shot it but to test it out, and my 38 special.
    I guess I just need to buy the "rods" for the different calibers and the "liquids" will work for all.
    Feel free to guide this dummy to a proper vid on steps for the different guns, but I imagine there are 1000 of them online.
    I have heard people recommend certain "oils" and "cleaners."
    I am afraid of "over-lubricating" like I have read about.
    Also, with my new Sig (which I dearly love, thank-you Dan, again!) I wonder if it is possible to spray a touch of oil here or there w/o disassembling it to give it that out-of-the box lubing that it needs.
    I just know that is why I had 3/200 rounds that didn't eject properly.
    I have read much about this gun, and with proper ammo (won't use my revolver cheap stuff, 5-6 cents/ea.) but CCI stuff, altough I was warned away from some bulk ammo (Remington) there were 2 recommended, but I don't remember. There was actually another Remington the was recommended (a little more expensive but tolerable, and about the same price as the CCI).

On another note, I ask your forgiveness for the wrong # designation, leaving out the "1" in front of 1911: I was so embarrassed. :laugh:
    How can a person see it, read it, buy it, and keep putting the wrong number when referring to it. :dunno:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Keep in mind that I didn't start buying guns until last year. I currently own only about 13 guns. Probably a realitively tiny amount compared to most here.

when starting to look around at various things it was my understanding a good number of guns that are purchased new will often come greased from the factory for protection. It's best practice to break down any gun you intend to shoot upon receiving it and clean this grease off and oil it before firing. Not that I think that you will do any harm if you don't but best practice and you would tend to get better results. Frankly at this point I've yet to see any of my guns come to me with that much grease that they couldn't be fired, but before firing so far I have always cleaned them first before firing. With the one I sold you I never fired it so I never took the time to clean it.

With any new fire arm I try to take a look at the instructions first thing. With most guns this isn't such a big thing but I do have a few that have special cleaning instructions and if I had not I could have ruined them or at least damaged the finish if I had not. My Dan Wesson is one and the Walther PPQ M2 is another. The Sig P226 I own because it has the SRT is supposed to be taken a down a certain way or damage can occur to the SRT if not deco king it first. It doesn't have to be down to take it apart but it should be done to prevent damage. These kind of things often are enough to motivate me to read the instructions first.

whenever attempting to break down a new gun typically I take a look for the instructions to do so on You Tube Some will often have a video from the manufacturer while others typically have a few from other users. I tend to view a number of videos on the gun before I even buy it. But seriously YouTube has been my buddy whenever taking a new gun down. My IPad comes in real handy as I am breaking a gun down.

i've also spent sometime researching various cleaning tips and such on various forums as well as YouTube.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    These things are pretty good to go. Mine liked cci ammo more than others. I also owned a sog mosquito bwfore, and that was far more picky than the 1911-22.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Question for the gun geeks who know all.

On the right side of the gun in the back right side, at the top left edge of the grip (see pic),
    there is a black thing that moves up and down: what is it, what does it do?
    Is it a left hander's thumb safety, that simply is different than the other side?

8tZhR6mm.jpg

That black thing is the Ambidextrous saftey, that is how it looks on most 1911's. Also the hammer is a standard Commander style 1911 hammer and not "custom"

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Keep in mind that I didn't start buying guns until last year. I currently own only about 13 guns. Probably a realitively tiny amount compared to most here.

when starting to look around at various things it was my understanding a good number of guns that are purchased new will often come greased from the factory for protection. It's best practice to break down any gun you intend to shoot upon receiving it and clean this grease off and oil it before firing. Not that I think that you will do any harm if you don't but best practice and you would tend to get better results. Frankly at this point I've yet to see any of my guns come to me with that much grease that they couldn't be fired, but before firing so far I have always cleaned them first before firing. With the one I sold you I never fired it so I never took the time to clean it.

With any new fire arm I try to take a look at the instructions first thing. With most guns this isn't such a big thing but I do have a few that have special cleaning instructions and if I had not I could have ruined them or at least damaged the finish if I had not. My Dan Wesson is one and the Walther PPQ M2 is another. The Sig P226 I own because it has the SRT is supposed to be taken a down a certain way or damage can occur to the SRT if not deco king it first. It doesn't have to be down to take it apart but it should be done to prevent damage. These kind of things often are enough to motivate me to read the instructions first.

whenever attempting to break down a new gun typically I take a look for the instructions to do so on You Tube Some will often have a video from the manufacturer while others typically have a few from other users. I tend to view a number of videos on the gun before I even buy it. But seriously YouTube has been my buddy whenever taking a new gun down. My IPad comes in real handy as I am breaking a gun down.

i've also spent sometime researching various cleaning tips and such on various forums as well as YouTube.

1. Thanks for the feedback, Dan!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That black thing is the Ambidextrous saftey, that is how it looks on most 1911's. Also the hammer is a standard Commander style 1911 hammer and not "custom"

1. Ah, so I was right: it was logical.
    2. Wonder why they are bragging about "custom?" Custom as compared to what?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    1. Ah, so I was right: it was logical.
    2. Wonder why they are bragging about "custom?" Custom as compared to what?

Possibly compared to say a 1911A1 as the beaver tail grip saftey, ambi saftey, Commander hammer and Novak style sights were not originally on the first "military" 1911's

Top Bottom